Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy y'all :seeya: My name is Nick coming from the beautiful sunny Southern California! Been lurking on the forum for awhile now and have picked up many useful tips and decided it was time to properly introduce myself. This forum has proven to be extremely resourceful over the last year of owning my 2007 Cool silver GXP. I bought my car last November with 43K miles and have never looked back.coming from a Miata and a Honda Fit, the Solstice fills the void those cars left in my heart and then some! Haha. My Solstice is mostly stock with just a Trifecta tune, Solo high flow cat, Mach shorty exhaust, and GMPP intake. Interior mods include Kenwood 7 inch double din stereo, led footwell lights and led map lights. My plans for the car definitely include handling mods (coilovers, backbone etc) as well as motor mods such as charge pipes and intercooler. Now at 53k miles, I replaced the stock Good Year tires with BF Goodrich Sport Comp2's and also got a performance alignment. So far so good with the tires. The combination of the alignment and tires made my car handle a lot better overall. Makes the car feel much confidence inspiring! I'm in love with the way my car handles. Hopefully I'll start posting more from now on and keep you guys updated on the progress of my car! Now here's a couple pics and a short video of my exhaust. Enjoy! :thumbs:

Up at the local canyons

Quick video of exhaust

And for the heck of it a few pics of my two cars I sold to get my solstice

2008 Honda Fit

1991 Miata

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
You picked the best looking one for sure ! Welcome to the Fun

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,607 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you have enjoyed it as a lurker, but feel welcome to join in on any conversation.

:dthumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Welcome aboard! Now it's time to get a backbone, pro-beam and really see a handling difference.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,734 Posts
Where in SoCal? That first pic looks like the Santa Monica mountains...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi Nick, I'm in the San Diego area, and been wondering about some of the aftermarket tunes and parts. Does your car pass California smog, and are all the parts CARB certified? Maybe I'm being too cautious!

Thanks

PS: I have a 2007 GXP, 50K miles, all stock except for a 3" cat back exhaust.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I couldn;t play the video and that's the combo I was interested in. I'll have to try it from home. Nice color choice too.

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Welcome to the forum NuCKnFuTz. Where in so Cal are you? I'm in south Mission Viejo.

You have clean looking Sol. Any plans on going to NASSM2015?

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Hi Nick, I'm in the San Diego area, and been wondering about some of the aftermarket tunes and parts. Does your car pass California smog, and are all the parts CARB certified? Maybe I'm being too cautious!

Thanks

Probably not acceptable to the smog Nazis (CARB). I had to take my GXP essentially back to stock to get it to pass (which meant replace of the Solo cat with the stock one, replace the MAF3 sensors with the stock ones, repositioning to stock location of the after=cat O2 sensor, retune back to stock, and make sure no CELs show up.) I've heard that even the CAI will cause CARB failure of the the visual part of the inspection if it does not have a CARB approved sticker on it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I can see... "A man of wealth and taste"!
haha thanks Ill take that as compliment from a man with taste in music (Rolling Stones);)

Welcome to the forum
:thumbs:
Thanks Rob!!

You picked the best looking one for sure ! Welcome to the Fun
Thanks RobertAsby, I was going to say I like your color as well!!:yesnod:

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you have enjoyed it as a lurker, but feel welcome to join in on any conversation.

:dthumbs:

Thank you Dave, I'm planning to try and frequent the forums more often!! Ill take you up on that offer to join in!

Welcome aboard! Now it's time to get a backbone, pro-beam and really see a handling difference.
Thanks Mike! Those are my plans, hopefully I can have the funds for the anual DDM Christmas sale. Idk whether to spring for coilovers first though.

Where in SoCal? That first pic looks like the Santa Monica mountains...
Rancho Cucamonga to be exact!

Thanks

Since buying the car I have had one encounter with the CARB Nazis and that was when my car was stock. I figured when its time to re-smog Ill either see if the place I went to will pass it (guy looked dumb-founded when He popped the hood and saw the turbo maybe he wont notice the different cat visually) or my second option is a $120 dollar option with a guaranteed pass ;)

Automatic or manual?
manual

I couldn;t play the video and that's the combo I was interested in. I'll have to try it from home. Nice color choice too.
I uploaded to youtube to make it a little easier for y'all

Welcome to the forum NuCKnFuTz. Where in so Cal are you? I'm in south Mission Viejo.

You have clean looking Sol. Any plans on going to NASSM2015?
I live in Rancho Cucamonga (Inland Empire). When and where is NASSM2015? I havent heard anything about it. We need more Cali meets going!!:grouphug:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Since buying the car I have had one encounter with the CARB Nazis and that was when my car was stock. I figured when its time to re-smog Ill either see if the place I went to will pass it (guy looked dumb-founded when He popped the hood and saw the turbo maybe he wont notice the different cat visually) or my second option is a $120 dollar option with a guaranteed pass .
Unfortunately, that's what I thought. Pretty sure the GMPP stage II tune is CARB legal, but anything to do with CAT other than CAT-back is a no-no. I've heard the same about the CAI without the CARB sticker.

Still wondering if anyone here in California has successfully smogged the GMPP stage II...

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
bitchin. thanks a lot for doing that. as soon as I get my lazy butt in the garage and finish rebuilding my fuellie heads and sell em on craigs list along with a transking 3000 stall and thumper cam, I'm ordering the solo cat and mach shorty.

Thanks again,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts