Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am the proud owner of a 2007 base model Solstice with 25K on it. Silver/Grey, stick shift and a few options.

I have always viewed these cars as a work of art and have admired them from afar.

Suddenly I decided I needed one.

I have not had a stick shift vehicle since a Triumph Spitfire many years ago and I am really enjoying it.

I love the torque and power of the Solstice. Though now I am thinking maybe I should have gone with the GXP which must be a whole other level...

A little about me. I live about 30 miles west of Philadelphia, PA. Married with a 12 year old daughter and a 3 year old standard poodle.

I am 62 so I may be a bit late to start a mid-life crisis, though better late than never.

Thus far the Solstice is the only aspect of the mid-life crisis. All other elements of my life are a bit normal and boring. So if you need to pick something out of the ordinary to do, why not a Solstice?

Not sure if there are any active Solstice groups in my area and if so, I am interested.

Thanks to all the website folks for putting up the site and the many contributors.

It's been very educational to tour around the forum website as I begin my Solstice education.

Let the journey begin!

Cheers!

Don

Attachments

· Administrator
12,148 Posts
You will get comments here about how you are wasting your time with anything less than a GXP, and some about how even it is woefully inadequate without a tune or even more.

I have a turbo Sky and an NA Sky, and thoroughly enjoy driving both of them. The NA has all of the handling of the turbo cars, so you are missing out on relatively little of the sports car experience.

Enjoy yourself.

· Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
4,626 Posts
Nice pictures! Congrats and welcome to the fun.
We will all be happy to help drain your wallet should you succumb to the mod fever.
On the other side of the coin the car is fantastic as is and here to many miles of smiles :)

· Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
1,001 Posts
Welcome and enjoy your permasmile! :cool:

Reactions: agent008

· Premium Member
334 Posts
Welcome from not that far away. Don't know of any active clubs your way, but we are not that far apart so you never know what may happen. Next time I get your way we may have the chance to meet. Enjoy the ride. I have an 06 base model, and it's still the best fun you can have with clothes on

· Registered
327 Posts
Hi All,

I am the proud owner of a 2007 base model Solstice with 25K on it. Silver/Grey, stick shift and a few options.

I have always viewed these cars as a work of art and have admired them from afar.

I have not had a stick shift vehicle since a Triumph Spitfire many years ago and I am really enjoying it.

I love the torque and power of the Solstice. Though now I am thinking maybe I should have gone with the GXP which must be a whole other level...

A little about me. I live about 30 miles west of Philadelphia, PA. Married with a 12 year old daughter and a 3 year old standard poodle.

I am 62 so I may be a bit late to start a mid-life crisis, though better late than never.

Thus far the Solstice is the only aspect of the mid-life crisis. All other elements of my life are a bit normal and boring. So if you need to pick something out of the ordinary to do, why not a Solstice?

Not sure if there are any active Solstice groups in my area and if so, I am interested.

Thanks to all the website folks for putting up the site and the many contributors.

It's been very educational to tour around the forum website as I begin my Solstice education.

Let the journey begin!

Cheers!

Don
Beautiful family (and solstice)!.
I got my solstice when I was 66 and it's no crisis at all. Love driving it and, yes, it is a work of art.
I have the gxp and it goes!
Welcome to our forum!

· Registered
291 Posts
Welcome Don and hello from Louisiana. Will be up in East PA in a few weeks.

I have been on this forum since my first midlife crisis when I was waiting on the delivery of my 2006 fresh from the factory 1st generation Solstice that came in December 2005. At that time had 3 kids but when the oldest could drive, I was free to get a two-seater. Still have that car and I still enjoy the feeling I get driving a stick. I found the base model has plenty enough power for me, but did think that one day I might have upgraded to more powerful Solstice - but GPX was not enough of an upgrade to me. Then Pontiac went away so no V6 was ever going to be made by GM.

Enjoy the ride!

Reactions: agent008

· Premium Member
2008 Solstice GXP
28 Posts
Hi All,

Let the journey begin!

Cheers!

Don
Awesome 👍 Enjoy 🇺🇸 Wonderful Family 👍👍🇺🇸🇺🇸

1 - 20 of 70 Posts