1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This started out as a letter to Cricket and slowly evolved into another rant
here's the original note

Cricket
I've been with the same Pontiac-Buick- GMC dealer since the late '80's and they value repeat business. When the original pink copy of the sales agreement was handed to me it had "MSRP" written right on it.
They have also printed out what I call a pre-production invoice that states exactly what I will pay ($24,180.00 before tax title etc)

Maybe I've been lucky because the staff knows me. Some of the forum members are dealing with a dealership for the first time and they are getting hosed. The only way to react to that is the survey.

Hope no one muzzles you like it is rumored they have done to GMlinedog.
Without your valued input there would be beaucoup more rants out there.

I've given up hoping for 05 delivery and i'm just a First Allocation. I feel for C5 and mssleeper and the others.

If there was any one thing that I'd like from the Pontiac Team right now it is Honesty. Are you listening Bob & Lori.

In all my years I've never seen anything like this in the automotive industry.
You hype and hype a car. You "Trump" it last April...but then it all goes south.
When is the last time 20,000 people ordered a car they had never touched.
The frustration level is getting out of hand- especially for the F1K's

Don't you newbies start your "quit your whining" crap. There are serious issues here and most eminate from Detroit. People need to vent.

I wrote a letter to Lori back in early August and got lambasted for it...but shortly thereafter Pontiac made a blog statement.

Who can get us Lori's e-mail address. Let's mass mail her.

As I said before...all we all want is HONESTY.

This didn't start out as a rant. :brentil: :cuss: ..just happened that way.

Think I'll put this out on a new thread titled "Let's e-mail Lori"

peace in the valley

·
Registered
164 Posts
druid-2 said:
If there was any one thing that I'd like from the Pontiac Team right now it is Honesty. Are you listening Bob & Lori.
:agree: totally.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Lori, all we want is some honest correct information. We understand that there can be problems and this can cause delays. But I can not understand the lack of information coming from GM Corp. They have to know and should be able to inform us with out giving away corp. secrets. They have our e-mail addresses, 1k's. Talk to us please.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Being a "newbie" I guess I can't complain too much even though I ordered mine 6/1 and still don't have a production number. What I can't stand is not being able to get any info from my dealer. In fact I've had fun with him by telling him what I've learned from this forum. It's obvious that you guys know more than he does! I hope all of the problems disappear quickly, especially now that the car is being advertised on TV. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll see mine next spring just as the the 6 ft. of Western NY snow melts!!
Agressive w/everthing but onstar

·
Registered
936 Posts
I feel your pain but I have to admit that I complained rather loudly about the misleading statements buy the GM folks and lack of info but got almost no support on this site . I think that many of those that piled on me have since done their own whinning, some ragged on me for days just to turn around and whine even to the point of threating to canceling their order and buying a Crossfire! So quite hosestly I have no sympothy. You folks will just have to wait just like those of us that have our car had to. I do however have sympothy for the 1K folks that don't have their car, theirs have been built and just setting. Not trying to get anything going here but I do think that those that thought the 1K should never complain about their precious cars or dash plaques (and there have been plenty) should just be quiet.

·
Registered
976 Posts
ateam_77 said:
I feel your pain but I have to admit that I complained rather loudly about the misleading statements buy the GM folks and lack of info but got almost no support on this site . I think that many of those that piled on me have since done their own whinning, some ragged on me for days just to turn around and whine even to the point of threating to canceling their order and buying a Crossfire! So quite hosestly I have no sympothy. You folks will just have to wait just like those of us that have our car had to. I do however have sympothy for the 1K folks that don't have their car, theirs have been built and just setting. Not trying to get anything going here but I do think that those that thought the 1K should never complain about their precious cars or dash plaques (and there have been plenty) should just be quiet.
Don't feel left out Ateam. You have had my support all along, I just tried to not get directly involved before. Now I feel it would be wrong not to mention something. I am sure you have had more sympathy than you realize.

·
Registered
233 Posts
druid-2 said:

:agree:

·
Registered
158 Posts
well maybe they are going over the cars in a second quality control environment--i hope so for all you that have not gotten your cars

·
Registered
127 Posts
Cricket,
Thanks for hanging in there with us. I e-mailed you a month ago with a question which you promptly replied to. My dealer wanted to know where I was getting the "questions to ask". It's refreshing to know that at least one dealer (YOU) tries to helps us understand the ins and outs of GM even if GM dos'nt know themselves.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Use the comments section of the GM blog. Find the last article Lori or Bob did (use the calendar) and reply there.

http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/

Also consider a more general "contact us" e-mail off the Pontiac website instead of attempting direct contact to an exec's inbox.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
535 Posts
druid-2 said:
here's the original note

Cricket
I've been with the same Pontiac-Buick- GMC dealer since the late '80's and they value repeat business. When the original pink copy of the sales agreement was handed to me it had "MSRP" written right on it.
They have also printed out what I call a pre-production invoice that states exactly what I will pay ($24,180.00 before tax title etc)

Maybe I've been lucky because the staff knows me. Some of the forum members are dealing with a dealership for the first time and they are getting hosed. The only way to react to that is the survey.

I've given up hoping for 05 delivery and i'm just a First Allocation. I feel for C5 and mssleeper and the others.

In all my years I've never seen anything like this in the automotive industry.
You hype and hype a car. You "Trump" it last April...but then it all goes south.
When is the last time 20,000 people ordered a car they had never touched.
The frustration level is getting out of hand- especially for the F1K's

Don't you newbies start your "quit your whining" crap. There are serious issues here and most eminate from Detroit. People need to vent.

I wrote a letter to Lori back in early August and got lambasted for it...but shortly thereafter Pontiac made a blog statement.

Who can get us Lori's e-mail address. Let's mass mail her.

As I said before...all we all want is HONESTY.

This didn't start out as a rant. :brentil: :cuss: ..just happened that way.

Think I'll put this out on a new thread titled "Let's e-mail Lori"

peace in the valley
:agree: :agree: :agree:

This may just be my last GM purchase. I have owned well over 40 vehicles all my life and 70% of those were GM. But this experience is the worst I have ever had buying a car. I really don't think GM cares what we think. They know the car is hot and people want it so they don't feel they have to do anything special. I talked with my salesman yesterday and they are just as frustrated because out of 8 cars ordered they have only see the 1st 1k car made. They said that sales are so low right now that they are really having a hard time yet they have a whole stack of Sol orders and no cars, with no idea of time frames. He said that most of them feel that GM has really dropped the ball and they aren't happy either but their hands are tied!
Also I was told that GM decided that since demand was so high that they would use a 10.5% lease rate on the car. Talk about price gouging!

·
Registered
113 Posts
:agree: I am a "newbie" also , but I have been following this site for some time. I dont think that linedog gave out any information that wasnt already posted on this forum. It looked like he was just trying to promote the product and the people he works with. We will miss his input. R.I.P. linedog-- :blueangel

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I probably shouldn't respond at all, but I will temper my comments.

What exactly has GM been dishonest about? Lets look at what they promised.

They promised to start deliverying Solstices in summer 2005. They did do that. A number of people have received their first 1000 order.

They said they would move onto getting a many of the first 4 month allocation delivered as soon as possible. They are making them now that the first 1000 are done, and they should start shipping shortly meaning deliveries will begin.

They promised a base price of under $20K. They kept it. Some dealers have chosen to gouge, but GM DOES NOT HAVE DIRECT CONTROL OVER DEALERS. THEY ARE FRANCHISED AND CAN SET THEIR OWN PRICES. We all do not want to walk in and hear a dealer is marking up the car we want, but that is simply what happens with a hot new model in short supply. It happened with the PT Cruiser, it is happening with the new Mustang, it is happening with the new Dodge Charger in some areas (and happened with the 300), it happened with the Fiero, and it will happen again in the future. If the manufacturer could stop it they would.

Just because someone is impatient does not mean GM has lied or mislead anybody.

What exaclt do you want to know? When your car will be built/delivered? Check the VOM status with your dealer. Lori cannot tell you that, and the VOM system is their best system for informing people where in the order process a car is.

The problem is people are getting carried away with their expectations. Thing are rolling along, cars are being built and delivered, and GM has increased their planned 2006 model year production to try and meet the demand. However, they cannot make 15,000 Solstices appear overnite to satisfy immediate demand.

Just be patient. Your car is on order, it will be built, and it will get delivered.

Also, I think trying to get Lori's private email or any other GM exec's to "bomb" them with emails whining about the car is a rather unprofessional way to try and let them know about your disatisfaction. There are plenty of avenues to contact GM. As was mentioned, email Pontiac customer service, call Pontiac customer service, call the Solstice hotline, make a post to the GM fastlane blog, etc.

I am sure Lori is interested in making sure as many people are satisfied as possible, but she also has a lot of better things to do during her day than to be harassed by a ton of emailers spamming her. Especially when the legitimacy of some complaints are questionable. (Such as accusations they have not met their promise of delivering by summer, when they have).

·
Registered
48 Posts
:agree:
of course it is frustrating that we still do not have our cars, but i was talking to a co-worker today, and he was telling me about a time a few years back when he ordered a truck. this was a regular production 3/4 ton chevy pickup...it took 3 months to get here. when he ordered the vehicle, it was in the middle of the production year, things were in full swing, and it still took 3 months. now when you consider that they started production on the car in late july, it is a brand new car, you had employees building it that had never built a car like this, it should be expected that it will take some time.they have now built well over 1000 cars and its barely been 2 months. And because it has only been 2 months some of you repeatedly mention that you are going to write off GM forever!!!! come on guys. i feel you desire for the care is clouding the normal patient judgement calls that you have made in the past...If they put a rush on this, there WILL BE problems with lemons, recalls, etc. and as for keeping us informed as to the issues that are going on, when was the last time any of you saw a company that was putting out a new product, and they posted regular reports to the public at large about all the problems they were having. Expect from GM what is the industry norm, and just be patient.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I agree to a point...

Fformula88 said:
I probably shouldn't respond at all, but I will temper my comments.

What exactly has GM been dishonest about? Lets look at what they promised.

They promised to start deliverying Solstices in summer 2005. They did do that. A number of people have received their first 1000 order.

They said they would move onto getting a many of the first 4 month allocation delivered as soon as possible. They are making them now that the first 1000 are done, and they should start shipping shortly meaning deliveries will begin.

They promised a base price of under $20K. They kept it. Some dealers have chosen to gouge, but GM DOES NOT HAVE DIRECT CONTROL OVER DEALERS. THEY ARE FRANCHISED AND CAN SET THEIR OWN PRICES. We all do not want to walk in and hear a dealer is marking up the car we want, but that is simply what happens with a hot new model in short supply. It happened with the PT Cruiser, it is happening with the new Mustang, it is happening with the new Dodge Charger in some areas (and happened with the 300), it happened with the Fiero, and it will happen again in the future. If the manufacturer could stop it they would.

Just because someone is impatient does not mean GM has lied or mislead anybody.

What exaclt do you want to know? When your car will be built/delivered? Check the VOM status with your dealer. Lori cannot tell you that, and the VOM system is their best system for informing people where in the order process a car is.

The problem is people are getting carried away with their expectations. Thing are rolling along, cars are being built and delivered, and GM has increased their planned 2006 model year production to try and meet the demand. However, they cannot make 15,000 Solstices appear overnite to satisfy immediate demand.

Just be patient. Your car is on order, it will be built, and it will get delivered.

Also, I think trying to get Lori's private email or any other GM exec's to "bomb" them with emails whining about the car is a rather unprofessional way to try and let them know about your disatisfaction. There are plenty of avenues to contact GM. As was mentioned, email Pontiac customer service, call Pontiac customer service, call the Solstice hotline, make a post to the GM fastlane blog, etc.

I am sure Lori is interested in making sure as many people are satisfied as possible, but she also has a lot of better things to do during her day than to be harassed by a ton of emailers spamming her. Especially when the legitimacy of some complaints are questionable. (Such as accusations they have not met their promise of delivering by summer, when they have).
While I agree that some of us are being unduely harsh with GM, they still haven't been honest with select buyers(i.e. not being able to find a vehicle, no telling the customer why the vehicle has been transported back to the plant, etc....) While some of the blame falls in the specific dealer for just out and out lying to a customer, some of these complaints are founded on pure facts, and GM should be aware.

If I went through what some of you went through, I woudl be unhappy too. The worst part is that GM reps. are acting like they don't care sometimes, and for a buyer that must be very frustrating. Like when you cann, and they say "your dealer will have to call us" So you call your dealer, and they call back ten minutes later, and just straight up lie to you about calling DBC!

Secondly, I think GM has more control over what Dealers sell cars for than what you might think. I will mention again, GM was going to shut us down for having the letters GM in our name, all because some exec. drove by our dealership and saw the sign, and didn't think it was right to call it XXXX XXXXXXX" GM Center. They gave us an ultimatum over a sign, why can't they do the same over the sale price of a car?

While some people are getting carried away with their expectations, other siply expect GM to say something other than " call your (unresponsive and rude)dealer, they will have to (pretend to) call us and get that info.

So as I said, I agree to a point. Maybe we shouldn't email Lori, but any response is better than a brush off.

·
5,641 Posts
CoolOne2006 said:
Also I was told that GM decided that since demand was so high that they would use a 10.5% lease rate on the car. Talk about price gouging!
GM didn't select a 10.5 lease rate, your dealership did.

The lease rate on Vibe, G6, Grand Prix, Montana SV6, GTO, Torrent, and Solstice are the same. 10.5 at your dealership it appears.

There are incentive GMAC SmartLease programs which feature reduced lease rates on on G6, Grand Prix, Torrent, Montana SV6 and Vibe.

Bonzo Audit Scorecard :)
Defend Dealership: No Critical Dealership: No
Defend GM: No? Critical GM: No
Provide Infomation: Yes
Answer Question: Yes
General Conversation: N/A

·
Registered
976 Posts
And again, I don't think it is the timeline of production that has some of us frustrated, just the lack of info. Some of us have known for two months what our VIN will be, but can't get any information on why it went back to the plant.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
cadillacricket said:
While I agree that some of us are being unduely harsh with GM, they still haven't been honest with select buyers(i.e. not being able to find a vehicle, no telling the customer why the vehicle has been transported back to the plant, etc....) While some of the blame falls in the specific dealer for just out and out lying to a customer, some of these complaints are founded on pure facts, and GM should be aware.

If I went through what some of you went through, I woudl be unhappy too. The worst part is that GM reps. are acting like they don't care sometimes, and for a buyer that must be very frustrating. Like when you cann, and they say "your dealer will have to call us" So you call your dealer, and they call back ten minutes later, and just straight up lie to you about calling DBC!

Secondly, I think GM has more control over what Dealers sell cars for than what you might think. I will mention again, GM was going to shut us down for having the letters GM in our name, all because some exec. drove by our dealership and saw the sign, and didn't think it was right to call it XXXX XXXXXXX" GM Center. They gave us an ultimatum over a sign, why can't they do the same over the sale price of a car?

While some people are getting carried away with their expectations, other siply expect GM to say something other than " call your (unresponsive and rude)dealer, they will have to (pretend to) call us and get that info.

So as I said, I agree to a point. Maybe we shouldn't email Lori, but any response is better than a brush off.
I do not dispute it can be frustrating, and that to some individuals they may be withholding information, or at least not saying as much as they could. Maybe they have a reason for it.

At any rate, doing things like bombing execs is simply an improper way to go about it, and if a whole bunch of forum members did that, it has the potential to get other forum members in hot water with GM (ie insiders who frequent this forum). I used less than legitimate reasons as an example, but really, Lori shouldn't be directly emailed about any complaints. If she was the proper person to notify, I think you would see her email address on Pontiac's website.

As I said, if someone has a beef, they should go through the proper channels to notify GM.

·
Registered
535 Posts
cadillacricket said:

:agree: 100%

·
Registered
535 Posts
Small Dealer said:
GM didn't select a 10.5 lease rate, your dealership did.

The lease rate on Vibe, G6, Grand Prix, Montana SV6, GTO, Torrent, and Solstice are the same. 10.5 at your dealership it appears.

There are incentive GMAC SmartLease programs which feature reduced lease rates on on G6, Grand Prix, Torrent, Montana SV6 and Vibe.

All I know is that I quoted my salesman the GMAC website monthly lease price and he said it was higher than they even thought because GM was cutting no slack and the rate was 10.5%. He originally estimated me at around $300. So My dealer is legit and I believe they are honest. Fortunately other online lease companies are quoting a much better deal so I won't be using GMAC!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts