Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just posting this link in here so that people can see it and are reminded to keep their status updated.

The website tracks orders and allows others to know how long it is taking for orders to get made. Not a big deal to those who have their car, but for the ones waiting it is very nice to see.

http://solstice.gotdns.com/default.asp

Maybe the mods could make it a sticky

·
Registered
767 Posts
I have additional information to add to this list. Does anyone know how to edit what you have already input?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...here's how

jimmyo said:
I have additional information to add to this list. Does anyone know how to edit what you have already input?
Put your cursor over the last box in your line (edit column), then click it.
:cool:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Looks like one of the mods stickied your thread.

Just FYI Solsticedesire, I put a thread about the order tracking site into my sticky thread here:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5742

The idea of doing that thread which lists a number of past sticky threads (including one with a link to the same site you mentioned in this thread) is to try and cut down on the sticky thread clutter that has been developing. I'll be removing this thread in a day or so too.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have a question SolDes - How are you sorting this list?
EDIT: Sorry - I see now that it's by order date
Would it be possible to sort it by VIN? It might make it easier to read and to estimate delivery times.
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
SD SOL said:
I have a question SolDes - How are you sorting this list? Would it be possible to sort it by VIN? It might make it easier to read and to estimate delivery times.
Thanks!
I think you can sort it yourself. Just click on the title of the column you want to sort by, and voila!, the list regenerates in sequentional order for that variable. :thumbs:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Excellent!! Thanks Dengel!
Let me ask you (or anyone), do some of the VINs look wrong, or is it just me?
Also, do we have an explanation of the VIN breakdown anywhere on the forum? I did a search but didn't come up with anything. I'm sure I could find it on the web but it would be nice if we had it here somewhere.

Anyone??

Bueller...Bueller? ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Any chance that the ones on the list without a color could have that box filled with something other than white? Makes it hard to get a feel for how many "Pure" orders there are... :willy:

Edited: nm....I see I can just sort it...ty

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
SD SOL said:
Excellent!! Thanks Dengel!
Let me ask you (or anyone), do some of the VINs look wrong, or is it just me?
Also, do we have an explanation of the VIN breakdown anywhere on the forum? I did a search but didn't come up with anything. I'm sure I could find it on the web but it would be nice if we had it here somewhere.

Anyone??

Bueller...Bueller? ;)
Try this thread on decoding the VIN, http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4366&highlight=decode

And yeah, some of them are a bit off, and some of them only have the last 4-6 numbers, denoting building order.

·
Registered
397 Posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
SD SOL said:
Thank you once again D-man! That was very helpful.
One last question to anyone - has Pontiac indicated why they chose to start some VINs with "0" and others with "1"?
First, its D-woman, but thats okay! :lol:

Regarding your question about starting with 0 or 1, do you mean specifically in the last six digits that denote build order? That is how they set aside the "special" VIN #s for the First 1000. All the F1K have VINs that end in 00XXXX (from 000001 to 001000). Regular production cars have VINs that end in 10XXXX.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just so that people know this isn't my work. I just wanted to keep the information updated. I forgot who made it, but props go to them for doing it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
My sincerest apologies Ms. Dengel ;)
Yes, I did hear that would be the designation for the "special" cars. I guess
I'm just wondering....
Wouldn't having a VIN# with 0001 - 1000 be the designation? :lol:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the site automatically picks up your order for production when that blessed event takes place or do you have to edit it yourself when the dealer lets you know(yea sure!). My 6/1 order still has no event code!

·
Registered
905 Posts
It's all up to you :(

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
RamJet said:
Can anyone tell me if the site automatically picks up your order for production when that blessed event takes place or do you have to edit it yourself when the dealer lets you know(yea sure!). My 6/1 order still has no event code!
The site is just created and run by a member here. It has no way of linking into the GM official system. So as mentioned to update info you must go add it in yourself.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
How can we get a couple of additional CODES inserted?

I just moved from 4B00 to 4800 and the Dealer didn't have a lot of words available for these Statuses.

He said 4B00 = Bayed and 4800 = Trained.

Not too much information with that.

Thanks-Steve

:willy:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts