Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard anything about Canadian deliveries? We have a small seasonal challenge here that can sometimes hamper top-down driving. It tends to be a bit of a pain when you get to your destination and you are sitting in snow up to your shoulders - and you're still in your convertible.

Pontiac - if you're listening, how about a little love for your northern neighbors... and if you don't get us some Solstices up here before the winter, we're going to invade.... and I mean with BOTH of our tanks.

You've been warned... :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
The thing I have always liked about our neighbors to the north is they seem more concerned with education, health care, and overall quality of life than we do......we would rather be throwing our weight around and thereby mortgage our future. :cuss:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Info on Canadian models/deliveries would be nice. I wonder if they will have to wait until the first 1000 EOP cars get delivered, like the regular US allocation orders...

Maybe someone in Oregon could pop the question to one of the GM people out there.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
pmaynard said:
The thing I have always liked about our neighbors to the north is they seem more concerned with education, health care, and overall quality of life than we do......we would rather be throwing our weight around and thereby mortgage our future. :cuss:
:rolleyes:

Canada has very liberal imigration policies... maybe you should check them out.

:seeya:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Danno said:
we're going to invade.... and I mean with BOTH of our tanks.

Danno, you weren't supposed to tell the about the SECOND tank, it was supposed to be a surprise! At least they don't have to worry about our submarines!

Oh and igloos are made of snow not ice, a common misconception, a particular kind of snow that has been harded by the wind.

But yes it would be nice to here SOMETHING from GM Canada.

My dealer has one of nine picked up weeks ago, I haven't called this week to see if there has been any movement, may pay him a personal visit tomorrow, hockey stick in hand.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fortyninenorth said:
Danno, you weren't supposed to tell the about the SECOND tank, it was supposed to be a surprise! At least they don't have to worry about our submarines!

Oh and igloos are made of snow not ice, a common misconception, a particular kind of snow that has been harded by the wind.

But yes it would be nice to here SOMETHING from GM Canada.

My dealer has one of nine picked up weeks ago, I haven't called this week to see if there has been any movement, may pay him a personal visit tomorrow, hockey stick in hand.
Dang, sorry about the mention of that second tank... Somone from Ottawa is probably going to revoke my Daniel Boon hat for this.

But yes, let's get GM Canada to say something. My dealer tells me they, like the guy on Hogan's Heroes "No nossink!" I've emailed GM Canada myself and have heard nothing back... I think it's Mooses hunting season, so in all fairness, the office may be empty.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Danno said:
Has anyone heard anything about Canadian deliveries? We have a small seasonal challenge here that can sometimes hamper top-down driving. It tends to be a bit of a pain when you get to your destination and you are sitting in snow up to your shoulders - and you're still in your convertible.

Pontiac - if you're listening, how about a little love for your northern neighbors... and if you don't get us some Solstices up here before the winter, we're going to invade.... and I mean with BOTH of our tanks.

There is no difference in time from when the US will get thier cars and Canada gets thiers. Cars will be shipped out as orders were sent in.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Danno said:
I think it's Mooses hunting season, so in all fairness, the office may be empty.

:lol: my sides are hurting from that one. But as a Canuck how can you not know october is moose season? They are probably at Muskoka with Kurt and Goldie sea-dooing.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
It's no secret. We already know that Canada has amassed 80% of it's population along our northern border in preparation for the invasion. :glol:

(you guys see Canadian Bacon? If so, then you know we are aware of your Hacker Hellstorm too!) :lol:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
We don't send troups, just signers, commedians and news anchors ;) .

·
Registered
572 Posts
Next Spring !!!!

I just got off the phone with my Mississauga dealer and told me that delivery will bee in the spring of 06, go figure.
BIG DISAPOINTMENT.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
When did you place your order?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Danno said:

we will get both submarines out of west edmonton mall too. :glol: :glol:

·
Registered
25 Posts
got2btopless

Hey Igmyster!!! how does your dealer figure spring delivery? When did you order? My order went in very first day, April 4. Haven't heard anything yet. Have been in touch with a very helpful woman at GM Communications in Oshawa who is tracking Solstice info for me. She says nothing has been released as positve that they can pass on. I try to contact her every 3-4 days to check in. I am 1st in my dealer allocation of three. I understand they call it "preferencing". What dealers get is dependent on $$$$ they made in sales. Higher sales begets prefered order pick up. Anyone ever hear of this?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
My dealer has an allocation of 9 and the first one was picked up. Nada since.

It's not jus the info, our US friends have been getting emails and hats and brochures.

We've received F all. Well except embarrassed apologies from my sales rep.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
jester316 said:
we will get both submarines out of west edmonton mall too. :glol: :glol:
Hey, the Bell helo is missing from Buffalo Int'l Airport lobby, any clues?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
It's not jus the info, our US friends have been getting emails and hats and brochures.

We've received F all. Well except embarrassed apologies from my sales rep.
Only the Apprentice first 1000 have got the goodies. That's too be expected.

Igmyster said:
I just got off the phone with my Mississauga dealer and told me that delivery will bee in the spring of 06, go figure.
BIG DISAPOINTMENT.

That sucks. Maybe you should have ordered sooner? Maybe try a different dealer? There has to be more then 1 in the Mississauga area!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts