Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how many of you are in or around middle Tennessee, but I'm in favor of starting a club for get togethers, trips, rally's, car shows, etc. I just got my Solstice this week, and the dealer (Parks in Columbia TN) said they had delivered 6 cars, so I know there are some of you are out there. I live in Franklin, TN. Your thoughts on this please! Thanks- Mike

·
Registered
155 Posts
Definitely interested, I am located just north of Cookeville.
Congrats on getting your car i am going to call my dealer now and check status. When did you order yours? I ordered at end of May.

·
Registered
363 Posts
mike48 said:
I don't know how many of you are in or around middle Tennessee, but I'm in favor of starting a club for get togethers, trips, rally's, car shows, etc. I just got my Solstice this week, and the dealer (Parks in Columbia TN) said they had delivered 6 cars, so I know there are some of you are out there. I live in Franklin, TN. Your thoughts on this please! Thanks- Mike

Hey, I am for it. I am from murfreesboro, live in a little town called Sparta now. I used to work in Franklin. Place called CPS. Do not have mine yet, don't know when I will get it, but I am for it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good to know there is some interest. I'm not much of an internet user, so bear with me. I'd like to help organize a club. My first thought is the weekly car show(in good weather) here in Franklin every Saturday night. It would be a good place to meet each other. I'll bet Murfreesboro also has a cruise night; we could move the meeting around. This weekend I'm planning on doing the road rally out of Manchester, the club in SE TN has several rallies a year we could go to, autocross, etc.
I'll try to check this daily for the next couple of days. We may need to repost in a month or so as more people get thier cars. I've had mine ordered since the first of April. Good luck on your orders-- Mike

·
Registered
363 Posts
mike48 said:
Good to know there is some interest. I'm not much of an internet user, so bear with me. I'd like to help organize a club. My first thought is the weekly car show(in good weather) here in Franklin every Saturday night. It would be a good place to meet each other. I'll bet Murfreesboro also has a cruise night; we could move the meeting around. This weekend I'm planning on doing the road rally out of Manchester, the club in SE TN has several rallies a year we could go to, autocross, etc.
I'll try to check this daily for the next couple of days. We may need to repost in a month or so as more people get thier cars. I've had mine ordered since the first of April. Good luck on your orders-- Mike
cool, I have like 15-20 guys who work for me who have a car club and they have car shows mainly, do not believe they organize rides. That is what I would mainly be interested in. Like to the Tail of the Dragon at Knoxville. I live in Sparta Tennessee now. There is one 1stK owner here I could try to recruit for this. Will let you know ok.

·
Registered
417 Posts
id love it if my car ever arrives!! ;)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sounds like we have a start. Need to look at organizing, ie contact info, possible name of club etc. Still waiting on mine, I am thinking probably Jan-Feb time frame. Earlier would be a pleasant surprise. Be really nice to get it for Christmas.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry I didn't get back to this sooner, I've been busy. I don't know how long this thread will be active- I'll try to check back periodically. Looks like we have 4 interested now, I'll bet there will be more in the spring, we can repost it then. We had a good time in the rally, it was my first trip in the Solstice- it worked great & I got some good comments on it.
I think a get together possibly in March 06 might be good to shoot for, what do you think? We need to have it after you all get your cars. I think a trip to the Dragon would be fun, I'll bet there will be several Solstice groups there next summer, maybe we could caravan. Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just heard

Just heard and count me in! I don't have mine yet, but hopefully begining of the year. I live in Murfreesboro, TN. I know in summer and spring they have a little car gathering at the back of the mall on Friday nights. Would love to meet up with anybody around the area when I get the car, or before, to go crusing.

·
Registered
155 Posts
That makes five people interested in a Midstate Sol Club
Mike 48, Franklin, Tn
Hillbilly, Monroe,Tn
Otalldon, Sparta, Tn
Mrfredsporty, Nashville,Tn
Roadrunner7, Murfreesboro, Tn
This is a good start, with still a few months until March. Will probably pick up more people and give time to plan. :party:

·
Registered
417 Posts
just in passing if mine ever arrives i think it would be very cool to meet at the lane motor museum in nashvulle. very cool place and real car enthusiasts there. :cool:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hillbilly said:
That makes five people interested in a Midstate Sol Club
Mike 48, Franklin, Tn
Hillbilly, Monroe,Tn
Otalldon, Sparta, Tn
Mrfredsporty, Nashville,Tn
Roadrunner7, Murfreesboro, Tn
This is a good start, with still a few months until March. Will probably pick up more people and give time to plan. :party:

Hey guys, we are getting it going, Roadrunner7, I am from Murfreesboro, went to Riverdale..you?

·
Registered
40 Posts
otalldon,
Actually I went to Tullahoma High School, but just moved to Murfreesboro on Riverdale side. When are you expecting your car?

·
Registered
155 Posts
mrfredsporty said:
just in passing if mine ever arrives i think it would be very cool to meet at the lane motor museum in nashvulle. very cool place and real car enthusiasts there. :cool:
Sounds good now we have at least two places ready to be put on an agenda.
!. Tail of the Dragon
2. Lane Motor Museum

Guess we have a lot to discuss.

Has any of you ever been involved in any type of car club?
I haven't so this will all be new for me. Need someone to spearhead this though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks like 5 are interested so far, and the ideas for events look like good ones. We will see if we find anyone else with this post. If not, I'll try to re-post something similar in late Jan or early Feb '06. I've never actually been in a car club, but I've been involved with cars all my life. Another thing to consider is that if there is a national club, Nashville would be a logical place to have an event. The tourist industry here is good, and the engines for the Solstice are made in Spring Hill, so that would be a logical tie in. If this would happen, it would be organized by Pontiac or other mfg's, but the publicity might help us find some other owners. Just a thought..............

·
Registered
363 Posts
XBoro Badboy

Cool guys, we do not have a shortage of places to cruise. Now that I live up here at the edge of the foothills of the cumberland plateau, man how about a cruise around center hill lake? Awesome winding roads like going to the dam......Which leads to I40 and off we go to Tail of the Dragon. Also being I a from Murfreesboro, I remember the cruises I use to take in my old hotrods in the Boro....Anybody ever make the Shoneys/Jackson Heights run? Probably did it at least a couple thousand times at least... We have all the cool places to go that would be fun to cruise in a roadster. Look forward to meeting all of you guys......

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
Y'all might want to visit this thread for an idea on how to organize your region for better communication:

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8292

It's still under construction, but it will serve as a central communication thread for Southwest.

Y'all could do the same for TN or Southeast.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is anyone going to add anything to their Solstice? I myself am pondering on a couple things, like custom wheels or remote stater.

·
Registered
363 Posts
roadrunner7 said:
Is anyone going to add anything to their Solstice? I myself am pondering on a couple things, like custom wheels or remote stater.
First thing I want to add is my butt behind the steering wheel.....Me and Hillbilly have made a pack, first one to get theirs treats the other to a ride. How about the rest of yall?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.