Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that could not attend the exciting Solstice celebration on Friday, August 5, 2005, at GM Global Headquarters in Detroit, we would like to provide you with an update on the day's events.

GM executives and employees mingled with over 240 of the First 1,000 customers and their guests from 30 states around the country with standing room only inside the Wintergarden of the GM Renaissance Center. It was an electrifying moment that marked the start of Solstice retail order shipments to dealerships this week. And more are on the way.

The celebration kicked off with remarks from John Larson, Buick-Pontiac-GMC General Manager, welcoming all the guests on this long-anticipated day. "We're honored to have you with us and appreciate that you've traveled to be here today from every corner of the country, and almost everywhere in between." Larson commented about the Solstice's amazing popularity and unprecedented demand. "And the orders continue to pour in," he said, "As of today, we have nearly 10,000 total orders on the books and demand continues to grow."

Lori Queen, Solstice Vehicle Line Executive, followed John and explained, "Our philosophy with Solstice was to design a car that had real emotional appeal, creating a 'must-have' reaction from consumers, and one that could be quickly brought to market."

Among the highlights was the official presentation of keys by Vice Chairman Bob Lutz to First 1,000 retail owners, Clark and Shelly Brinton, of Meridian, Idaho, who were recipients of the first of the First 1,000. Lutz noted, "Solstice is the embodiment of transformation of the Pontiac portfolio. It will change the way people perceive the brand. It already has to an extent and it's not even on the road yet. Let me correct myself - it's on the road starting today. Almost four years later we stand here with VIN #0001."

"Now Solstice has finally arrived and it's time to celebrate. And I can't tell you how glad and proud I am that all of you have come to Detroit to celebrate with us. And I know many of you have traveled very far and for that, I thank you," Lutz added. Mr. Lutz then posed with Clark and Shelly in front of many media photographers both on stage and in their brand new Solstice.

Following the inspiring remarks, the First 1,000 customers and guests had an exclusive opportunity to test-drive a 2006 Pontiac Solstice. As many of you can imagine, the invigorating ride provided all the more anticipation for them to take delivery of their own Solstice.

Thanks to those who were able to attend and for your enthusiasm. A great time was had by all. Now the fun really begins!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call Program Headquarters at 866-539-0256.

Sincerely,

Pontiac Solstice Team

·
Registered
504 Posts
del_utz,You took the words right out of my mouse.Just going to copy my letter here on the forum.Wasn't that nice,they gave us an update on what we missed,how thoughtful.Now if they could do that more often with some updates on the production end,that would be nice too. :lol: :cool:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:agree: really looking forward to a vin# and a car to drive, anticipation is geeting bad. :willy:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts