Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I have noticed that if I let my car sit in park for a while... I begin to get some fumes coming from the exhaust. I know that my car does run a little rich. Has anyone else had this issue? I rev'd my car up and a nice amount of white smoke came out. Once I moved the car, it went away very fast.

List of Mods
Solo race exhaust
ZZP High flow cat
GMPP uprade
DDM Intercooler pipes and elbow

I used to have the Mach solo exhaust and never ran into this issue... but I am not sure if I ever let it sit in park for as long as I did today.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
The white smoke you are seeing is moisture in your exhaust (condensation) that's why once it warms up it evaporates

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
My car sits in the garage for 10 minutes and idles when it's cold out....no fumes inside my car at all...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Never had any fumes in my car either,mine sits in the Garage all Winter long then its out side to go and play.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I drove the car up to the body shop this morning to have some touch up work done and when I was sitting in the parking lot... it started to let some white smoke out... So the car had been warmed up... which is why I am kind of concerned but it doesn't occur everyday or anything.

Maybe I will let it run a couple times this weekend after warm up and see if it happens again.

Also... the only other time I have seen some smoke like this is when I put some fuel injection cleaner in my gas tank... I don't know if that was a good... or bad sign but it only occured the first time I drove it on that tank of gas.

maybe a freak occurence..

·
Premium Member
17,529 Posts
It is possible that you are experiencing oil getting into the intake as a result of the PCV valve not operating correctly all the time. there is quite a discussion about finding oil in the charge tubes and when you may or may not need a catch can. What I came away with is that if you drive your car hard frequently or if you have a failing PCV valve then you can get oil mist entering the intake and eventually making its way to the combustion chamber and out the tail pipe.

They recommended pulling the tubes on the right and checking for oil

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Rob,

I was supposed to have my car back but they decided to scratch my bumper in the process... Sooo they are keeping my car for another day to fix the scratches on the rear bumper... Oh how I love letting people handle my car...

I will have to check my pipes tomorrow night when I get the car back. I know when I replaced my pipes with DDM pipes that the stock ones didn't really have anything in them... maybe a little bit of oil residue at the bottom where the inter cooler meets. The inter cooler was just replaced in October.

I plan on getting the Trifecta tune done in the next couple of weeks so I may invest in an OCC.

·
Registered
680 Posts
At idle I would say it is moisture. You will be pulling vacuum at idle and shouldn't be pushing any oil mixture through the PVC and into the intake. After you have been running could be the oil mixture but could still be some moisture depending on how long you were driving the car. I would pull the tubes and check like Rob said.

Also, fuel injector cleaner in the tank will not cause any smoke out of the exhaust. It was probably moisture.

·
Registered
680 Posts
It won't let me edit, should have said pulling very little vacuum at idle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts