Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok. we've entered the second allocation period, some cars are getting picked up..

my dealer can't seem to tell me if i'm in their 2nd allocation or not, i mixed stories.

does anyone know what the plan will be for after the second allocation? will pontiac be running to pick up those orders that missed the two periods before accepting other orders? will they still be shipping more cars to larger dealers and screwing over the smaller dealers?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Don't know a direct answer to your question, only what's going on at our dealer. Here's the current story.

He got 5 cars in the first 4 month allocation. We were 3rd on his list, then got moved to 2nd due to #2 guy dropping out. Car #1 was picked up and built before my wife's, but ours showed up at the dealer first, his first Solstice.

He found out that he is only getting 4 cars in his second allocation. That makes 9 total cars so far in 8 months worth of allocation. He has taken a total of 14 orders with $500 down. So he currently has 5 more orders than cars allocated.

I the first 4 month allocation was for July, August, September & October. That would put the second allocation for November, December, January, & February.

If that's true, and future allocations stay around 4 to 5 cars, then that puts my dealer's last 5 orders (so far) in the third allocation not even getting picked up until March at the soonest. That mean's those people won't even potentially get their cars until April, May, June, or July.

I really hope I'm wrong in my calculations above, but with the start of the Sky production coming on next year, I don't see Solstice allocations increasing much in the near future. If anyone wants one and haven't ordered it yet, depending on your dealers status, they better hurry up, or at least call to get dealer status.

In other words, we should all feel lucky that we have cars in our hands or on the way. This is going to be a rare commodity for a while.

·
Registered
676 Posts
start looking elsewhere

hey scott---maybe you could just start checking around at other dealers to see if anyone has one coming in. I know how frustrated you are getting with not getting any straight answers from the dealer----you are more knowledgeable than them in many ways!

·
5,641 Posts
scottjl said:
ok. we've entered the second allocation period, some cars are getting picked up..

my dealer can't seem to tell me if i'm in their 2nd allocation or not, i mixed stories.

does anyone know what the plan will be for after the second allocation? will pontiac be running to pick up those orders that missed the two periods before accepting other orders? will they still be shipping more cars to larger dealers and screwing over the smaller dealers?

Dealerships received their estimated second four month allocation numbers on October 17th. They were posted in the same place that the estimated first four month allocation numbers were.

If you are getting mixed stories, ask if they would print out that information. Then ask to see their VOMS or DealerWorkBench order listing for Solstices. These lists should also show the priority number that the dealership has assigned to each order. Look for your order on the list. Compare to their estimated second four month allocation number. Case closed, for this week. Keep in mind that dealerships have the ability to change the priority order with each dealer order cycle.

The second four month allocaiton is best thought of this way in general terms:

Allocation: November 2005 to February 2006.
Production: December 2005 to March 2006.
Arrival: January 2006 to April 2006.

The final allocation period for the 2006 model year will be for April 2006-May 2006-June 2006 production. So it will only be about three months of production. At this point it time, it is planned that the allocation formula will be the same used in the two four month allocations. A 50/50 formula based on previous year Pontiac sales and Roadster sales in the dealership market area. Or to answer your question, favoring larger volume dealerships over smaller ones.

In case anyone wonders, there are no announcements on how 2007s will be allocated. But if you need to worry, I would think for of a turn and earn system, with a limited market opportunities adjustment. Then weekly constraints for things like any upgraded engine models. So a dealership could get a Solstice allocation for a given dealer order cycle but not be able to order a "GT"/"GTP"/"GXP".

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Thanks SD for clearing up my Second allocation months. I will go back to my original post here and make it accurate.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
So what happens to first four month cars that haven't been produced by the end of November?

If GM/Pontiac reassigned first allocation numbers, as appears to have happened to Canadian dealers, are they told at the time of the second allocation, oh by the way, you only got four cars in first allocation and you are now getting the other five in second allocation.

Don't really care any more, just curious.

·
5,641 Posts
Bonzo said:
Thanks SD for clearing up my Second allocation months. I will go back to my original post here and make it accurate.
You were on right target for the general nature of the question.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts