Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunshine is breaking through the clouds (the opposite of the actual weather here in England), US servicemembers stationed (or deployed) outside the US will get a chance to purchase GM products next year after all.

In an email sent to another forum member, the Communications Director for GM Fleet and Commercial Operations said that there will be a program in place for overseas US military.

Michael,

Thanks for taking the time to send a message, as it gives us the opportunity to respond to your concerns.

GM is not pulling out of military sales. Our agreement with the Overseas Military Sales Corp. remains in effect until Dec. 31, 2005. We will have a new discount program in place that will go into effect on or before Jan. 1. While we are still working on details, rest assured that the new program will offer our US military personnel special discount pricing, and the entire transaction will be much easier and streamlined than the current program through the OMSC. Once we are ready to announce the new program, we will make sure the Armed Forces newspapers as well as the base exchanges have the information so they can communicate to overseas military personnel.

Glad to hear you are looking forward to getting a Solstice. I had the opportunity to drive one for a few days, and let me say, it goes as good as it looks! Check out the cover story of this month's Automobile magazine for a review of the Solstice.

Rob Minton
Communications Director
GM Fleet & Commercial Operations
Good news for me and my fellow Solstice fans overseas . . . now if I can just get another allocation (fingers crossed).

Maybe I can be first in line for a 2007 F/I Solstice . . . :cool:

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Call me a sceptic :skep: ... I am sure that GM will allow us to buy their cars here (woo hoo :willy: ); however, I will not hold my breath on the Sol. :rolleyes: They do not offer too many "low production" cars on ENCS. Yeah, ENCS sells the Viper, but how many do you think they sell. :confused:

On the lower end, Chrysler only offers the PT Cruiser and not the Cross Fire, so I doubt Pontiac will release the Sol to our market. JHMO I am a little more "jaded" due to the previous dealings with both ENCS and Pontiac/GM. :leaving:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that GM plans to have NO contact with ENCS, but rather set up their own offices for military sales. Might be worth e-mailing GM continuously until you get the answer you want. Worked for me.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Frosty said:
I think that GM plans to have NO contact with ENCS, but rather set up their own offices for military sales. Might be worth e-mailing GM continuously until you get the answer you want. Worked for me.
I should be in Kuwait by Jan 2006 :seeya: , so I will stop by the car sales trailer on the way out. :skep:

·
5,641 Posts
So if I read the openning post correctly, it wasn't GM pulling out of the sales to military, it was a change in vendor that started all this?

Bonzo Audit Scorecard :)
Defend Dealership: No Critical Dealership: No
Defend GM: No? now a Yes Critical GM: No
Provide Infomation: No
Answer Question: No
General Conversation: No

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Small Dealer said:
So if I read the openning post correctly, it wasn't GM pulling out of the sales to military, it was a change in vendor that started all this?

Defend GM: No? Critical GM: No
Uh oh! SmallDealer to GM's rescue again :rolleyes: :jester: (couldn't resist!)

It was GM giving the appearance that they were putting the screws to deployed soldiers that started all this. It was GM reneging on their promises that started all this. It was ENCS accepting orders for Solstices they were allotted, and then having to cancel those orders because GM decided not to provide cars that started all this!

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Small Dealer said:

This thread was spawned off of several others;however, first there were "40" of us who thought we had ordered a Sol through ENCS (OSCS). Anywho, long story short, ENCS either lost the allocations, or never had them ... depending on who you email. :confused:

Now GM says that they are not pulling out of their relationship with ENCS, which is the only (bricks and mortar) dealership fo deployed troops. The only question I have is will they honor the "first 40" or even offer the Sol at all.

The whole situation was handled badly by both GM and ENCS, so I am a little :skep:

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Small Dealer said:

Also ... not to sound bitter ;) but they can build over "40" per shift ... and that was all that they were originally giving to ENCS for their allocation? :confused: ENCS has a market of over 200,000 people all to themself. How would you like that type of market? ;)

At this point, I do not believe the dealer (ENCS) or GM. I have seen too many different explanations and have all of the emails. That is my main reason for being :skep: JMHO

·
5,641 Posts
I only ask, because as stateside dealerships there is no infomation available to us about overseas sales or ENCS sales.

From the last big thread on the topic, LINK , it looked like GM was dropping out. But this thread makes it look like just a change in "vendor".

Other sites on the net also carried this infomation at the same time, again making it look like GM was dropping out.

I'll accept the defending GM tag, (I did put it that way in my audit scorecard with a "?" to draw comment :) ), by asking these clarifing questions.

Defend GM: Yes Critical GM: No

1 - 9 of 9 Posts