Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have hello to all I wanted an information I have my Solstice The engine light stays on It is the code p0013 and p0014 it's been a month since I stopped driving because the mechanic ordered the part but he does not receive it not . I would have liked to know if I could drive with the solstice With the engine light on without damaging the engine? can someone help me and if someone knows the part number so i can order it on my side

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
That code is for the camshaft solenoids. I would not drive it. They control the timing of the valves. You should be able to go to an autoparts and get both (exhaust/intake) and the hardest part of installing them is remembering which is which on the way home from the auto parts store. They sit at the front of the engine (and they're very common so I'm surprised your mechanic can't get them) and are held in by one bolt and the plug. Very simple to replace. It would take you 10 minutes. If you can change a tire or your oil, you can change these.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Ghost you are correct of course on how easy they are to change, but I the Margarita is in Europe, so the sensors may be hard to locate. Might have to have them shipped in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ghost you are correct of course on how easy they are to change, but I the Margarita is in Europe, so the sensors may be hard to locate. Might have to have them shipped in.
He ordered in the USA but with the coronavirus he does not receive the parts. I live in France

·
Super Moderator
16,274 Posts
Order them from Amazon if you can. They have them for low prices.

There are examples of people driving their cars for months with failed cam servos. It is designed to not cause damage. In fact, frequently they "soft" fail by intermittently not responding accurately but most of the time they do continue to function normally.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Order them from Amazon if you can. They have them for low prices.

There are examples of people driving their cars for months with failed cam servos. It is designed to not cause damage. In fact, frequently they "soft" fail by intermittently not responding accurately but most of the time they do continue to function normally.
But I don't know the gm part number. tomorrow I should come back to the garage

·
Super Moderator
16,274 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,274 Posts

The part numbers are in the post above. 55420 and 55421

These are also sold at Opal dealers (and probably parts shops) in Europe. The Opal GT has the same motor(s) and uses the same solenoids. You should be able to go to any local shop and ask them for the Opal GT cam Position Actuator Solenoids and get them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts