Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I posted on this subject in one of my threads and got no response. I will try starting a unique thread to illicit response.

The car show at the upcoming Nationals is a two part affair. Saturday is the standard car show during the day. But the organizing committee came up with a great idea to hold a night time segment of the show that . .. since it’s in the dark . .. will allow people to show off their lighting genius in a proper venue.

My question is what are people planning on doing to prepare for the night time light show competition? I have to believe that there are more nuts like myself out there who are coming up with specific design features just for this show.
:grouphug:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
This concept reminds me of Nashville when we tragically lost King Penn and did the night tribute of the lighted windrestrictors, with so much passage of time many of the photos from back to 2007 are no longer valid links and just a few remain now but the night light show was a sight to see. (a few random pix still remain here)

Should be interesting with all the advancement in LED lighting and low voltage systems to see what people come up with, assuming you get someone with a good camera to get great photos.

Looking forward to seeing the images as the drive cross country isn't in my cards this year.

·
Super Moderator
16,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was not aware of that event. Thanks for sharing.

Personally, I have a lot of lighting upgrades done and am working on more

In place
Custom painted backup lights that flash
Custom made / painted Punisher logo between the exhaust outlets
Custom painted fog / turn signals
Custom WR lighting
Custom 1/16th scale WR
Custom 1/4 scale WR
Custom KP door sills
Custom KP edge lit art (2 each)

In work
Wheel lights (static only)
Under hood lighting
Spot lighting for the Punisher F150
Amber halos for Punisher
Movie display for Punisher F150

I am working on a couple of surprises as well. :devil:

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Looking forward to it! The majority of "lit" cars at the 6th Annual Tombstone Duel in the Dust Car Show Friday night Tombstone Light Parade were Skys. Jack and Vee might get a run for their money!!

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
This concept reminds me of Nashville when we tragically lost King Penn and did the night tribute of the lighted windrestrictors, with so much passage of time many of the photos from back to 2007 are no longer valid links and just a few remain now but the night light show was a sight to see. (a few random pix still remain here)

Should be interesting with all the advancement in LED lighting and low voltage systems to see what people come up with, assuming you get someone with a good camera to get great photos.

Looking forward to seeing the images as the drive cross country isn't in my cards this year.
Great idea Rob and as Murph said the one done in Nashville was a evening I won't forget. Such a touching tribute to Robert. Windrestrictor has so many more additions to their already great products it would be an awesome sight to behold. IIRC there was a video done, then sent on CD to the great group at Windrestrictor.

Look forward to pictures and maybe a video from this years event!

·
Registered
715 Posts
I'm down for the light show.

Working on taillight project and trunk lights today if it stops raining. It will be unique but I've seen some of those Skys Danette's talking about. They are pretty cool. :)

Cant wait.

Rob -Amber Halo's? for headlights? That would be interesting and should be ok streetwise. I do suggest the Morimoto xb's. They are LED's instead of CCFL's so no extra box converter, not as fragile and friggin retina burning bright. They cost a bit more but Punishers worth it.

·
Super Moderator
16,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks.

I have the halo kit in the garage. Will be posting info and pics in the Punisher thread soon.

Current plan is to have the halos on the "show" power circuit so will not be on the on board DC power.

I am going to paint the inside of the lights following Soups process, then install the halos.

The turn signal / fog lights are yellow and have the Punisher painted on them and will be flashing as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts