Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 60 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Tha cat is on, you won't sneak up on anybody that is for sure. It is very loud for the first 80 miles or so then it quiets down quite a bit. I can see a noticable improvement in power in the low end, but it may just be the tune and cat working together. I like it. I have the Solo Street Race so this is the loudest possible configuration, It's not bad. Seems loudest taking off from a stop, not bad at all cruising. The installer was not happy with me, he said the install is a, challenge yea that's what he said NOT.

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Hi Lil Goat. Glad you got the cat on and you like it. It's too bad that the first impression is a bad one. I'm not sure if you were there when the guys first started it up, but that's when it sounds the worst. Very blatty. It smooth ens out over time. You'll probably notice that it will get even smoother and nicer over the next 2-3 weeks as the car adjusts. Happy driving, you should be going sideways now. Lol. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Jeff,
My installer looked at it today and said it looked like a 30-45 minute install. They are a world- class shop. They will be putting it on Monday, as the car has been there since Friday having custom aluminum intercooler pipes made for it. They said that took almost the entire day because of test fitting, bending, and waiting for a BOV flange delivery to show up. I will let you know my impressions on Monday, as the car will also be getting dyno'd.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
lilgoat I would love to hear a sound clip of the street race with the solo cat. Just to get an idea of volume and change in sound. Did the sound change or just get louder?

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I will do a clip after I get some more miles. It has changed, it got deeper and smoother. The sound changes everytime I drive it, getting quieter so I will wait until it stabilizes. I have about 200 miles on it. On the install it's not the install that is hard it is getting the old one off that was a pain. The new one is smaller and goes on pretty easy. The new cat is top notch and you can feel the extra power in the low end. As far as a dyno go drive it about 80 miles first. You will notice a big change for the better.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I will do a clip after I get some more miles. It has changed, it got deeper and smoother. The sound changes everytime I drive it, getting quieter so I will wait until it stabilizes. I have about 200 miles on it. On the install it's not the install that is hard it is getting the old one off that was a pain. The new one is smaller and goes on pretty easy. The new cat is top notch and you can feel the extra power in the low end. As far as a dyno go drive it about 80 miles first. You will notice a big change for the better.
it isn't getting quieter, you getting going deaf :lol:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
and with the new cat and the street race you will be your name sake. I am very curious to hear your system. I have the tune and Lyndon leaned out the AFR so I hear a lot of noise on decel mostly, you may not have that problem. I LOVE the way it sounds when you "get in it" it's like a racing chain saw or something, it's sounds sooooo good and my car winds out so easy now. I keep hitting the rev limiter in 3rd gear, that would be about 90 mph and comes up really quick. I guess I notice the biggest change in 3rd, it is just way to much fun now.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Lyndon needs to up the RPM redline. I was just about hitting the rev limiter in 3rd about 95 on the dragway. Either way you will both have the same exhaust and cat and soon both of you will be Go-N Deaf. :lol:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
He did up it a little, 6500 gets me to 60 in second, that's partly how I did the 4.43 0-60 time, no shift to third.. I think Def's will be much quieter than mine, I believe the decel noise is caused by my car running so much leaner than stock. I was out playing before work today it winds up quick. The CAT is good for some real low end torque.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I went thru and tighten clamps again, found a loose one, the CAT is now sounding even better. It sounds just like a sports car should! MEAN, like the color!

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Hi.... Thanks for the great responses. We're so glad that you are enjoying the HP and torque gains from SOLO's new GXP-CAT.

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
SOLO Does GM's SEMA Stacked Exhaust!

The GM design center in Warren MI. contacted us to fabricate a stacked exhaust for their GXP that will be unveiled at this years SEMA show in Vegas.

All of us at Solo Performance jumped at the challenge and opportunity to make GM a customized stacked exhaust! We had to fabricated the exhaust to some unbelievably detailed, huge engineered drawings! They were incredibly nice people to work with. (They must be "SOL" owners.) We told them if they wanted their car to really "ROCK" they needed our GXP-CAT. When they found out that there would be no engine light issue they ordered one right away!

The unveiling is at SEMA but here's a sneak peak at the exhaust....

GM SEMA CAR EXHAUST 014.jpg

GM SEMA CAR EXHAUST 017.jpg

GM SEMA CAR EXHAUST 015.jpg

GM SEMA CAR EXHAUST 009.jpg

·
Registered
348 Posts
that is hot! i almost want to buy that, but unfortunately unlike some people (spiky) i dont have the cash to by another exhaust, much less 4 different ones!!! lol sorry steve but it is funny. also getting my high flow cat put on tomorrow, i have the rcd exhaust without any muffler so mine will be as loud as it gets. i will post sound clips for all:)

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
that is hot! i almost want to buy that, but unfortunately unlike some people (spiky) i dont have the cash to by another exhaust, much less 4 different ones!!! lol sorry steve but it is funny. also getting my high flow cat put on tomorrow, i have the rcd exhaust without any muffler so mine will be as loud as it gets. i will post sound clips for all:)
LOL I don't have the money...I am just in debt:lol: ...but for the right reasons:yesnod:

41 - 60 of 193 Posts