61 - 80 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Looks like the exhaust on the original hard top concept car

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
That is hot! I seem to have reached another milestone with the high flow cat, at about 350 miles it has quieted down quite a bit. It is only slightly louder than stock now. still has a deeper tone and sounds really really good when you push it. I am liking it more and more, or maybe I am just goin-n def.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
The boys are at it again! Another work of art Jeff, very nice :thumbs:

·
Registered
348 Posts
so i just installed my high flow cat, and WOW. i agree its about 15% louder ONLY at wide open throttle. otherwise you can hardly hear it. is say i agree with the 15 flywheel hp but more importantly i feel an increase in torque which is very significant. power band feels more even distributed and i find 3rd gear has a lot more pull. all and all this is a MUST as far as im concerned. i will put up sound clips later on im just charging the battery for my digital camera unless it'd be up already.

·
Premium Member
10,283 Posts
Extremely good work on that exhaust piece.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Nice!!!!!!! That's one beautiful piece.

·
Registered
348 Posts

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
as promised:

first the idle and rev

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l277/nosgt11/?action=view&current=P9280179.flv

now the driveby. please notice the great commentary of steve mariano our very own "spiky". im sure you will find it as entertaining as i do

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l277/nosgt11/?action=view&current=P9280180.flv

so for the record thats the rcd exhaust with no muffler and the high flow cat

i will post another one tomorrow on a cold engine start
I crack myself up:lol:

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Installed the street race exhaust and high flow cat for Go-N Def in my garage last night on 4 jack stands. from start to finish took two hours. Posting of step by step photos will come later. The first start was rediculously loud and each start after that quieted down. After a 25 mile ride, it was even better. No drone at 65 either.

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
You crack us up too!! Lots of Lol. Wow the clip sounds great. Outside the car is awesome, how is it inside the cabin? Jag's clip is the same sound that the Street Race and GXP-CAT will make. He has the GXP-RCD but with no muffler. That's sooo much smoother than our original cat. Thanks so much for putting it up!
Thanks for all the nice comments on the GM exhaust. Our hats are off to Ray that works with us for doing such an outstanding job on it. I'm not sure what was harder on him, building it or trying to understand their drawings.
We're all so glad the cat's are doing well for you guys. It's great to know that all of our struggling has "finally" produced a top quality cat we can be proud of!

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
We're very glad to say that 16 have been sold so far. Thanks for the great support. Depending on how quickly the sales keep coming in we may extend the pre-sale to 25 units.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Go-N Def's new Solo Performance Street Race w/Solo CAT

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Those are great pics, Jeff I think you owe Go-N Def a T-shirt and Deepbluegxp too!

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I did mine today by myself. Pulled the magnaflow exhaust and measured as per instruction for new bung hole, 2" from center of old, then 1.25 inches towards passenger side. Drilled hole and welded bung. Removed old cat, was a little bit harder since the bottom bolt closest to the engine connecting to the turbo was very tight. CAT came out really easy through the bottom. Installed new one and while my Magnaflow exhaust was out. I welded all the joints and took off the clamps. Installed the exhaust and the bung location wasn't low enough to install the rear 02 sensor. Strange enough the original spot worked fine. So I plugged the new bung spot. Started the car, no leakes. Finished in 2.5 hours including welding all the seams of the old and bung installation.

61 - 80 of 193 Posts