Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

81 - 100 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Go-N Def, Old cat was a 15mm, new bolts are a 9/16.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
That's awesome!!!!!!! VERY nice pics!!!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I did mine today by myself. Pulled the magnaflow exhaust and measured as per instruction for new bung hole, 2" from center of old, then 1.25 inches towards passenger side. Drilled hole and welded bung. Removed old cat, was a little bit harder since the bottom bolt closest to the engine connecting to the turbo was very tight. CAT came out really easy through the bottom. Installed new one and while my Magnaflow exhaust was out. I welded all the joints and took off the clamps. Installed the exhaust and the bung location wasn't low enough to install the rear 02 sensor. Strange enough the original spot worked fine. So I plugged the new bung spot. Started the car, no leakes. Finished in 2.5 hours including welding all the seams of the old and bung installation.
I'm begining to think you should open your own Solstice garage. :yesnod:

I'll come work for you on the weekends. -->:smash:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
The original hole will work but you may get a code, they moved it back to help with the code problem. Dashawk will clear code and it doesn't go into limp mode. How does it sound with the Magna flow?

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
WOW. Thanks so much Go-N-Def and Deepblue!! That must have taken longer to put together than the install. The GXP-CAT is a hard one to do by yourself. Looks like you guys didn't have much trouble at all. Congratz!! The pics will help out a lot. I PM'd you. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Jeff if you send t-shirts, Deep is I think an XL, Def would be a girls small he is kinda pidgeon chested, had to join the Navy as a Wave then sneak over to the mens side.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
WOW. Thanks so much Go-N-Def and Deepblue!! That must have taken longer to put together than the install. The GXP-CAT is a hard one to do by yourself. Looks like you guys didn't have much trouble at all. Congratz!! The pics will help out a lot. I PM'd you. Thanks.
There were 3 of us there working on it. Deepbluegxp did most of the work. I pitched in and took pictures. Deepbluegxp Jr does a mean gopher!

The pics only took an hour or so and that's with 10 minutes to load on photobucket

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
My circus tent is all ready on the way, so there. Thanks Jeff.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
DeepBlue - I know all us magnaflow owners are itchin for a sound file....:cool:
As requestedGXP with Magnaflow and Solo Perf. High Flow CAT. I love it, just the right amount of throaty sound, the wife likes it also.

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Hi DeepBlue. We're glad you like the GXP-CAT and Mag set up. Nice sound clip. Please keep us posted on the engine light. Possibly the Mag O2 bung is in a different spot than ours?? If your light stays off it would be nice to know that others wouldn't have to go through the O2 relocation. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Hi DeepBlue. We're glad you like the GXP-CAT and Mag set up. Nice sound clip. Please keep us posted on the engine light. Possibly the Mag O2 bung is in a different spot than ours?? If your light stays off it would be nice to know that others wouldn't have to go through the O2 relocation. Thanks.
I have over 100 miles on it now, no engine lights.

Jeff,
I'm having my 02 bung relocated this weekend. Where does it need to go again?
Their instructions are 2 inches aft from the center of the original hole and then 1.25 inches towards the passenger side. That wasn't low enough for the magnaflow. I needed another 1/2 inch.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have over 100 miles on it now, no engine lights.

Their instructions are 2 inches aft from the center of the original hole and then 1.25 inches towards the passenger side. That wasn't low enough for the magnaflow. I needed another 1/2 inch.
Definitely curious as well if you get a CEL. The welding of the new bung is what's been delaying me ordering this. I want to make sure to find a reputable exhaust place that won't mess up. If you find the magna doesn't require a new bung location, it'd make things a whole lot easier.

Nice sound too. Idle rumble sounds delicious.:lol: Heck, throw an aggressive cam in there and it'll really start to sound like a v8, heh .

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
According to one of the original testers he did not get the CEL until he had about 500 miles on the CAT cleared it with the Dashawk then it came back at around 1000, not a big deal really if you have a Dashawk. I got a code at 168 miles cleared it and hasn't happened again.

81 - 100 of 193 Posts