Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at purchasing this 2008 solstice and its missing the button to open the storage between the seats I'd like to buy just the mechanism or just the entire lid if possible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yep I believe it's # 22 in that picture and honestly if a Dari color thats all I car about. I just need it so I can use that storage

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Look a few threads down and find the posting by downingracing. He has some parts for sale because he has a solstice race car that does not need all those stock parts. He may have what you want. Unless you can find someone parting a car out, that part may be hard to come by. You may have to go to your local Chevy dealer and see if they can get the part. Problem is it may be a bit expensive. I visit my Chevy dealer to get brand new parts that I want.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Pretty sure you won't be able to get just the catch on it's own (even though shown on the fiche as a separate part). When I got my car back in '09 (An 08 MY 'showroom queen') that same catch was missing. The dealer had to get the whole door to replace it.

The door is pretty expensive though (~$130), and I can't really tell if it comes with the catch or not from this: COVER. Rear Compartment Floor/Access. TRIM/REAR for 2008 Pontiac Solstice. #25823540 Maybe you should check with a dealer to verify before you purchase (if you buy new).

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
I have the door with the 'button' latch thing. It is black. Removed from the race car and sitting on the shelf. Will pm you details.

Matt (downingracing)

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Err... huh? That's the glove box door! :willy:
OOPS, I guess I should have looked closer. Well if they have the glove box door, it may be worth reaching out to see if they have the other.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts