Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know how much a LSD would cost on the Solstice? I feel like it is necessary for a sports car, and think it would "top it off" by choosing it as an option...

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Well Rick88 found that the replacemnt rear end on the Cady was $1000. So I'm guessing the price of the LSD is a fraction of the entire rear section for that car. If it goes over $400 as an option I'll be greatly suprised.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I agree it's going to be under $400 more then likely.
If you look at the MR2 it costs like $295, and on the MX-5 Miata it's part of an $800 option package with;
SUSPENSION PACKAGE
  • TOCHIGI-FUJI LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
  • SPORT SUSPENSION
  • BILSTEIN® SHOCK ABSORBERS
I'm definetely betting the LSD is the cheapest part of that package. So at 1/3 of the cost it would be about $275 stand alone.

·
4,592 Posts
so, does the Sol not have LSD? Will it be an option?

·
4,592 Posts
brentil said:
Yeah, it's an option on the options list.

REEEAAALLYYY!

THANKS BRENTIL!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sweet!

I was thinking the LSD would be around $1,000 or more for some odd reason. I was looking at the cadillac CTS, and there is a packagae there for $2,600 which included the LSD. I love when you get things "on sale"! I am definately going to be getting the LSD,

Thanks guys
-Dylan

·
Registered
391 Posts
dylan01 said:
Sweet!

I was thinking the LSD would be around $1,000 or more for some odd reason. I was looking at the cadillac CTS, and there is a packagae there for $2,600 which included the LSD. I love when you get things "on sale"! I am definately going to be getting the LSD,

Thanks guys
-Dylan
LOL thats one way to look at it :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
The other way to look at it is a fully optioned Solstice SHOULD be a few dollars less than a standard SKy which will if all indications are correct come fully loaded, only choice of radio and color. That means you should be able to order all available options and still be less than or very close to $25k.

·
Registered
133 Posts
G80 Locking diff is a $280 add on trucks and SUV's. A Quaife limited slip diff in the aftermarket runs around $700 on average. Since an LSD is more sophisticated than the G80 locking diff, and tooling for that item was amortized a long, long time ago, expect the LSD for the Soltice to be a bit more than the G80 Locking Diff. I'm going to venture a guess at $495 option, but hoping for $395. Either way, its worth its weight in gold and a bargain at either price point.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
achieftain said:
The other way to look at it is a fully optioned Solstice SHOULD be a few dollars less than a standard SKy which will if all indications are correct come fully loaded, only choice of radio and color. That means you should be able to order all available options and still be less than or very close to $25k.
Yeah, from the old Edmunds.com article a GM spocs person said to them a fully loaded Solstice would come in at about $25,000. Using the estimated options/prices page I had put together you can get an idea that $25k is what the max price would be with everything.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I have GM's new version of the LSD on my '04 GMC Sierra. I doubt that it will be the same unit that will appear on the Solstice but could be a similar design from the same supplier. In 2wd the Limited Slip emits a noticable clunk when engaging. It works effectively well in that if the drive wheel spins the opposite engages. Just that you REALLY know sometimes when that happens. Particularly if the spinning wheel is on ice and the other on dry pavement. But since I don't plan on driving the Sol in the winter I don't anticipate this being a problem, but for those that do, if GM is using a similar system in the Solstice be prepared.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts