Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have the photos of my Line Lock and Custom shifter with a Hurst T handle and line lock button. Anyone with a standard shift who likes to drag race or smoke the tires should have a line lock. Sorry I didn't include a photo of lighting the tires up at the strip. I will get that in next time. If anyone has any questions or wants help, I will be glad to assit with info.
To get the line lock working with the ABS brake system I used two line locks, and the photos show them side by side on the fender well. Another photo shows the brake lines comming off the main brake housing, the LF goes to one line lock and the RF goes to another. I had an extra line loc laying around so hence two diffrent one in the photo. My suggestion would to buy two Hurst Line Locs. I have a Summit and a Hurst. I plan on replacing the Summit soon. The lines go into the line locs and then to the corresponding front wheels. I wired the line locs together and the system works awesome.
The custom shifter was made by a friend who owns a machine shop and it cost $100 and the T handle was $50. I had the handle bent back on a slightly greater angle than the original and it shifts much better and there is no hitting the radio buttons anymore. jonesy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Line Loc

Nice job. I have 2 Hurst Line Locs which will be installed this winter when GASNGO gets put in the Man Cave. Your article will be helpful when the time comes. Did you use all hard lines or did you use some braided lines for your install?
Jerry :cool:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used hard lines that I made up myself. I think the idea of braided would look better and be easier to install. I may even change mine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts