Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 777 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thought I would put this up front and center :) Cruise nights...

Tues night, Bald hill, Oyster bay main st, August, then Northport main st.
Wed night, West Islip Stop and Shop lot on Union Blvd.
Thurs night, Oakdale, in the Best store parking lot on 27a
Fri night, Massapequa train station also Bellmore train station, both on RT 27
Sat night, Cedar beach at the Beach Hut on ocean pkwy ( live band ) my fav
These all start around 6PM and go till dark.

Anyone with others, list them and lets make a point to show up!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am hoping to do this run we discussed previously when I get my car back...

Sounds great! I put it in Google Maps, made it a round trip from Eisenhower Park, and avoided interstates for the most part. It came out to 287 miles in a little over 6 hours. Throw in the drive to East Meadow and a few stops and I'd imagine it would be around 9. Here's a link to the route:

Park Blvd to Stewart Ave - Google Maps

I'd actually be interested in doing this sometime, but it would be really long for an organized run, and I wouldn't want to pre-run it for planning purposes anyway. I'm thinking very loosely planned day trip where no one cares if we go a bit astray one Saturday when the weather's just right. What say you, Barry? Peanut gallery?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
THANKS FOR PART 11 . I'll BACK TO YOU ON THE OTHER .

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I have been off line for a couple of days because, when I signed on here on the fourth and navigated to Part 11, my computer got infected by a virus. I shut down, lost my internet connection and suffered damage to my registry. Luckily, I was able to re-boot on a set point of July 1 and now am here under a Deep Freeze shield.

Anyone else get burned?

P.S.: Anybody doing Oyster Bay tonight?

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,241 Posts
I have been off line for a couple of days because, when I signed on here on the fourth and navigated to Part 11, my computer got infected by a virus. I shut down, lost my internet connection and suffered damage to my registry. Luckily, I was able to re-boot on a set point of July 1 and now am here under a Deep Freeze shield.

Anyone else get burned?
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f18/security-warning-64569/

I would guess more than a few . . .

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I'm GOOD .:devil::devil:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Anyone interested in going to Riverhead Raceway Sat. night July 10? We could cruz out there and park the cars across the street from the track at the dealers lot. The show starts at 6pm but theres qualifiying races before that. click here to check it out. NASCAR racing, Riverhead Raceway - Riverhead, NY Post if your interested.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Thanks But I Have A Car Show Sunday .

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
YES :yesnod::devil:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Goin to Oakdale tonight

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I'm sorry about your car :( I was out at EAGLE today looking at a z06 and ZR-1 . DIDN'T LIKE THEM AT ALL :chill: . I think you should have gone to RIVERHEAD GMC . I been going to them for 3 years I can say anything but good things .

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Problem is, and if I understand this correctly, Eagle Chevrolet has bought the rights to sell these items. They are the only GM authorized dealership on LI that can sell these parts. Getting them from somewhere else was not an option, my guy already checked.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
You can go to any GM dealer. They might have to buy the parts thru Eagle, but that would generate your paper trail. I think Eagle just kept sending back the same damaged part because that's the only one they could find.

Listen, stupid is as stupid does. Don't get caught up in these moron's trap. Keep a cool head and search out other options. A used hood might be a perfect solution. Alternate new sources also exist.

Stay calm while we put our heads together and think outside this box you've drawn.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
For starters:
e-bay item #'s (copy & paste into an e-bay search box)

New 170502691184
New 220620504531
New 200488028923
Used 200412703980

Also, a Fiberglass replacement HERE

Carbon Fiber HERE

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Chris, I already started looking into other options. We'll see how it goes...

1 - 20 of 777 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.