Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered the cool sol that bspate put info on here about last week (thanks :) ). dealer says it should be here in 5-7 weeks. 3400 coded. my question is: what kind of instructions did everyone give their dealer as far as handling the car when it arrived? i saw one a few weeks ago in the area with a dealer "tag" above the solstice logo on the back and it looked horrible. I will definitely not have that on my car. anyone have anything else?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Congratulations!! I'm glad I could help!!

I have been slowly giving our dealer information and suggestions on how to handle my Solstice when it comes in.

I told them about the latch on the top (dont close it and bend it on the trunk lid), don't put a dealer decal or license plate holder on the car, call me as soon as it arrives, and no joy driving it!!

He immediately said "no problem" to all of that and said he wouldn't want it any other way. I guess we'll see!!

- bspate -

·
Registered
767 Posts
I asked my salesman to leave the dealership decal off, but I told him I would be proud to display his license plate frame. I also requested that the front plate holder be left in the trunk, and that is what he did. If I get stopped for no front plate, I will decide what to do, but for now, no front plate.

·
Registered
729 Posts
hhmm...............i did forget to tell him to leave the front bracket off.

Thanks for reminding me!!

- bspate -

·
Registered
22 Posts
[I told them about the latch on the top (dont close it and bend it on the trunk lid),- bspate -[/QUOTE]
What's this about bending a latch on the trunk lid?
Thanks ScoJoh

·
Registered
729 Posts
ScoJoh said:
[I told them about the latch on the top (dont close it and bend it on the trunk lid),- bspate -
What's this about bending a latch on the trunk lid?
Thanks ScoJoh[/QUOTE]

When you reach up inside the car and open the latch for the top to put it down, you need to leave it in that position. Don't close the latch back when stowing the top away in the trunk. If it is closed, the part of the latch that locks the top to your windshield will be sticking up and hit the trunk lid when you slam it shut. This will cause the latch to bend and make locking it in the future difficult until you get it fixed. Also, I have just recently read that this might be a cause for water leaking in also around the top of the windshield.

I just didn't want some uninformed tech doing the dealer inspection to be checking the top and make this mistake.

- bspate -

·
Registered
22 Posts
Roof Latch

This is kind of a bummer about the top latch, because that means anyone that might drive your car anytime in the future has to be informed about leaving it in the right position, and hope they remember it when they drop the top.
ScoJoh

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
ScoJoh said:
This is kind of a bummer about the top latch, because that means anyone that might drive your car anytime in the future has to be informed about leaving it in the right position, and hope they remember it when they drop the top.
ScoJoh
youre gonna let some one else drive your solstice!!!!!!! :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts