Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I called my dealer today here in Ontario, CA. The Fleet manager had absolutley no info itself on the car, but she did have some information on the price and ordering status. She says "The day of availibility will be in Late July Early August, and that we are taking orders right now for $1000.00" I told her thats cool, and when would I be expecting options? "In about a month or so..." So I guess all I have to do now is wait for the time to come. Hope this helps ya guys out a bit, it did for me...lol! :cool:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Late July/Early August?!

Sure glad I'm buying mine before I move to Cali!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol

Lol your telling me!!! I cant wait till I get mine though...sorry for us Californians though!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
QuikFox said:
Lol your telling me!!! I cant wait till I get mine though...sorry for us Californians though!
Hopefully you guys don't get screwed with some kind of de-tuned engine to meet emmisions. That would really suck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:agree: Hopefully we dont!!! :cuss: Anyways when are they scheduled to come out for everyone else besides california...? :(

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
The scuttlebut here is early-mid June. I'm hoping to have it by July 1st. I'm moving on the 15th. Doubtful you will get a hamstrung version for California. I say that for two reasons:

1) Northeastern states emissions are practically the same standards as Cali these days. From what I know, most manufacturers don't even make "special" cars to meet those standards anymore. If anything, there could be some differences in the PCM, which could be easily flashed out.

2) Ecotech is actually a very clean engine. In fact, the one in my VUE (and maybe all ecotech motors) doesn't even need an EGR valve to meet emissions standards. Doesn't have an EGR system at all!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
2KWK4U said:
2) Ecotech is actually a very clean engine. In fact, the one in my VUE (and maybe all ecotech motors) doesn't even need an EGR valve to meet emissions standards. Doesn't have an EGR system at all!
Yeah, and the 2.4L adds VVT which has been proven on many cars to increase performance, increase fuel economy, and decrease emmisions.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
New York mandates California Emissions on all of their cars. It used to be listed as an extra cost option on cars to add it, although not all cars suffered a power loss. These days, its not even an option on most cars, as most cars sold in any state will now meet the Cali emissions standards. I suspect the same will be true of Sol and the 2.4L.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts