Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the new Aftermarket intake now available. The company offering this has made comparisons already on the dyno as you'll see below.

Pre-Production manifold(Production one will have a better finish)

Basically, they designed The Manifold For Equal Flow which Is Why The Manifold Is Designed "Awkwardly". The Angle Of The Sides Is Also To Keep Airflow To Not Expand The Plenum. It Has More Flow Then The Stock Intake Manifold As Well. This Manifold And Proved To Hold 31-32lbs Without Issues And Will Hold Plenty More. The Runners Are Designed With Minimal Overlap Or Unequal Clearances. It Fits Perfectly To The Head Without Any Issues.

(Note, The Runners Can Be Ordered With Fuel Bosses For Secondary Fueling. Or You Can Tap For Meth Injection.)

Tuning Purposes, they were Able To Get 18* Timing On My Car At 29lbs To See How Far He Could Go. On The Stock Intake 15*-16* Was All. Differences In The Logs Were 1-2 More VE Due To The Extra Airflow With Minimal If Any Uneven Air Or Non Direct Airflow. Maf lbs Varied But Usually Averaged 1lbs Difference.
Could Have Went All Out, But To Show Results From Where The Stock Manifold Differs From this Manifold, The Timing And Everything Else Needed To Be Very Similar...

This Will Directly Bolt Up, With Few Adjustments To DI Fuel Line. And The Removel Of The "DI Pump Cover Bracket"

This Manifold Has Been Tested For 6 Months And 5k+ Miles Without Any Issues or Problems.

This New LNF Intake Manifold Allowed The 400Whp Mark To Be Surpassed With The BNR 2871 Turbo. This Is The First BNR 2871 Turbo We Know Of, That Was Able To Achieve 400Whp+ On Just 93 Octane Pump Gas. This was the turbo used for these test.

As You Can See, With Just 93 Octane Pump Gas, 27Psi And 14* Timing.
There Is A 12Whp+ / 20Wtq+ Gain Over The Stock Manifold.

Performance Modifications For the Test Car:

Racing LNF Manifold.
Revised BNR 2871 Turbo. (Stronger Wheels, Shaft, Seals)
K&N Short Ram Intake.
Injen Charge Piping.
TR12 Intercooler.
Maf Relocation Pipe (Cold side)
GMS1 Sensors
Comp Cams Stg 1 W/LFPL
#82 Springs W/ Retainers
Neutral Balance Shafts
Wiseco 86mm Pistons
4340 Connecting Rods
Tial Q 50mm Bov
Full 3" Exhaust With 3" Hahn Muffler (No Cats)
4.05 Transmission W/O LSD
HPTuned

Now All Gains Will Vary On The Turbo Setup Each Person Has. But Gains Are There To Be Made, No Matter What The Turbo Setup You Have!

The pictures above are of the prototype and production of 20 have already been started for the first batch. The final price will be $699.99 but for the Pre-sale they are saying the first 10 will be $599.99.

Let me just say that this product has not been tested on a Kappa but they are wanting for someone to purchase one for a Kappa and are 99% sure there will be no problems. They mentioned that if by chance it doesn't fit they will refund you your money.

Also, this will work with your current charge pipes. If you would like more info on this manifold just PM and I'll send you a link. They are not a vendor here so I'm just spreading the word. I'm looking forward to getting this manifold myself once I finish my engine build.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Won't be able to get a kappa shot but these are from a Cobalt:

They have less room to work with.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This thread originated on CobaltSS.net, anything you need to know about it is probably there.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
I see in you signature that you relocated your MAF Sensor to the cold side (cold side intercooler I suspect). Did you see any benefit from this and what, if any, mods did you have to consider when tuning?

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts