Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there have been threads on this before, and I am new to custom turbocharing set ups, but I'm not new to cars.

I emailed dave at DDM works about custom turbo kits and he mentioned fitting an LE5 with an LNF manifold and Turbo. So I am looking to see once and for all, will the LNF manifold fit up to the LE5 head? Whats involved in moving the coolant line that is in the way? I'm looking for all input both positive and negative as I try ti piece together a budget minded kit, both for te power, and at this point, the experience

·
Registered
406 Posts
Coolant line, just get a custom one made or find a bendy one and fit it or fine one for another car that would fit? Please make this work! Many have said they would but no one ever goes through with it! Good luck! :grouphug:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not saying its going to happen over night, but I am a school bound mechanical engineer and degree holding auto technician so I'm going to try my damndest

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So after doing an absolute a**load of research, I think I have finally come to a conclusion about the coolant pipe. It is called a water transport pipe by motor all data and an outlet pipe by GM. It flows from the water pump to the thermostat housing. There are indeed different parts between the LNF and LE5 with different part numbers, but the water pumps are exactly the same. The thermostat housings are also different parts however, so I pose this question. Will the LNF outlet pipe fit into the LE5 thermostat housing? and if I have to buy an LNF thermostat housing will it fit on the LE5 block? I REALLY NEED YOU MORE EXPEREINCED GUYS ON THIS!!!!

2.4L LE5 Cooling System

2.0L LNF Cooling System

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have a question about your goals for this project. The K04 used on the LNF spools pretty quickly on the lower compression, smaller 2.0L motor, and tops off around 5500 rpm give or take. Now, when putting that same set up on a higher compression, 20% higher displacement motor, what kind of powerband are you expecting?

I am by no means trying to discourage you from the project, I'm just wondering if you've thought about what the results might be.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have a question about your goals for this project. The K04 used on the LNF spools pretty quickly on the lower compression, smaller 2.0L motor, and tops off around 5500 rpm give or take. Now, when putting that same set up on a higher compression, 20% higher displacement motor, what kind of powerband are you expecting?

I am by no means trying to discourage you from the project, I'm just wondering if you've thought about what the results might be.
Hey OldSkool, sorry to butt in guys. Can you please post your ride and dyno graph over at my thread on Kappaperformance.com. Its the "Official Dyno thread 2012" would greatly appreciate with your contribution. Thanks

OP, I think that going with a kit from hahn would better suit your car and would definately reach your goals. Just saying, K04 is great and all but it will turn into a custom deal, which is possible, but will take more time and money in the long run.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts