Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of the general confusion seems to be coming from longer waits in certain locations.

I think that being in overcrowded NJ, close to the final assembly plant in Wilmington, DE, and ordering from a dealer with a large allocation, I may have a shorter wait than someone who ordered a car on the same day as me living in say, Iowa who ordered from a smaller dealer.

Is this right or no? I doubt GM is trying to be fair to everyone by making everyone wait the same amount of time (from the time they order a vehicle). This, of course, excludes anyone who ordered before production began, such as Apprentice orders.

Correct me if I am wrong on any accounts. I'm looking for info here too.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Im from North Jersey and I was told normal allocation for us wont take place for another 1 or 2 months. You'd figure they would deliver to a area w/ a high population density figuring more people would see them and then they could move more of the quickly off the showroom floor. In all honestly I'm upset about it too :lol:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
allocation

I got into the first quarter allocation due to a "drop out". regular allocation starts after that, yes? Starting November I think.

·
Registered
265 Posts
anticd70 said:
Im from North Jersey and I was told normal allocation for us wont take place for another 1 or 2 months. You'd figure they would deliver to a area w/ a high population density figuring more people would see them and then they could move more of the quickly off the showroom floor. In all honestly I'm upset about it too :lol:
they don't have a problem moving them off the showroom floor, they have a problem getting them produced (well not a "problem" just supply < demand).

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Close location ain't working too well for me :leaving:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Long time comin'....

I received my VIN #411 on Aug. 17. Spoke with my dealer yesterday and was told the car is STILL in Wilmington. I realize they will probably be shipping all of the CA cars together, but man! :cuss:

·
Registered
337 Posts
EOP #83 made it to Texas pretty quick, and I used a very small dealer (one Solstice allocation). ;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok well that shoots my theory in the foot : )

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
GHM73 said:
ok well that shoots my theory in the foot : )
Well.. you are correct on the 'size' portion, but maybe not the location stand point.

There are 3 first 1,000 cars in my area that I am aware of. I mean 'area' as within about 100 miles from my dealership. They all appeared to order from a larger dealer than I did. I went to a small dealership to place my order based on being closer to the front of the list than at a larger dealership. What I didn't expect was the allocation rules to take into account competition sales (S2000, Boxter, etc.). Needless to say my dealership doesn't have that competition, and their allocation is so small it's going to take forever to get the car from them. The larger dealers will push through 10 cars before my dealership gets 1.

My local Chevy dealer can't get a single allocation for a new 'Vette because of the same problem. He has 10 orders placed, and ZERO allocation for this year. Meanwhile the larger dealership in the next major town has all sorts of allocation spots, but nobody wants to move from being #1 at the local to #25 or whatever... it's contrary to their thought.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts