Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Locked Out

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Radio Doc 
#1 ·
Hi, guys,

Long time, no talk. Will give you the Reader's Digest version later. One of the things that's happened since I've been on the forum was I had 2 botched cervical spinal cord surgeries (3/17) and one of the two most significant disabilities is my hands are paralyzed and I cannot feel anything. Last night, I was closing the hatch and I had the keys in one hand as I was shutting it. Because I cannot feel the degree of pressure or whether or not I have a good grip on the keys, they slipped out of my hand and into the trunk just as the hatch slammed shut. I was hoping one of my old buddies, or perhaps a new one, had some insider advice or tricks on how to get into the car while avoiding the expense of a locksmith call. I have a spare set of keys, but they are buried among the stacks of packed items still at my old apartment, as I am smack dab in the middle of a move. Any advice is greatly appreciated as money is really tight. Thanks in advance, Ron.

#2 ·
There is a manual option for opening the trunk:
Opening the Rear Compartment Without Electrical Power

1) Remove the left rear wheel.

2) Remove the left rear wheelhouse liner.

3)Remove the pressure relief valve.

4)Reach into the rear compartment through the opening and locate the child safety release cable and pull handle to unlatch deck lid.

Tip
Handle will be on the inside of carpet. Cable runs between the rear wheelhouse and carpet.

#5 ·
I assumed that he is locked out of his car.

If you can get into the car, but the glovebox is locked, it is possible to push the button with a long thin tool, assuming you know the location of the button.
If that is the case baltimoron, let us know and I will post a picture of the button location with dimensions to it.

#4 ·
Ron glad to see your back hopefully all will work out for you . I've been dealing with health issue for almost a year now my left foot is numb and I have trouble walking but I'm still alive ,still have my cars ,and can still work on them just a bit tougher .

#7 ·
Yes, I am locked out of my coupe. Thus the title for this post, "Locked Out".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.