Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I designed and manufactured a locking safe for the Solstice so that there is some security when it is required.
Material is 1/8" thick aluminum with a welded hinge and carriage bolts securing the safe to it. The finish is black anodize. It is secured to the car using the rear seat bolts.

Just thought I would share the idea

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It should, just may have to point the barrel to the lock
Size is 9.5 x 6.5 x 1.75

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Great Idea you should make a few and sell them, I'd be interested

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1/1/14 CC will be legal in Illinois

I would not be opposed to making more but the cost might deter some.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
1/1/14 CC will be legal in Illinois

I would not be opposed to making more but the cost might deter some.
What kinda cost are we talking about, pm me if you don't want to post it

·
Registered
6 Posts
i am definitely interested will use for backup Beretta as I CCW Sprinfield XD40. Also a good lockup when traveling through states with non reciprocity with FL. whats the cost? PM ok

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PM's sent
Thanks for the interest

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a refresher post
I have three of the locking safes on hand if anyone is interested. Pictures on first page. I have made a few changes in the latest version. They are black powder coated now, as suggested by a member. The hinge is now located initially with screws to locate it accurately for the welding process. And I am using another safe supplier.
If there is any interest you can PM me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It can also be used to hold your wallet, phone, keys, and such when at the beach or playing sports.

And you DO have the right NOT to own a firearm, be thank full that you have rights.
Even the narrow minded have rights

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
It can also be used to hold your wallet, phone, keys, and such when at the beach or playing sports.

And you DO have the right NOT to own a firearm, be thank full that you have rights.
Even the narrow minded have rights
:agree: They also have the right to vote. Sigh . . .

·
Registered
159 Posts
I bought one of these. Unobtrusive, works as advertised. While I doubt it'd hold up to a hammer and a crowbar, it's certainly better than a locked glove box. IMHO, worth the money.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts