Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I occasionally pop my current car trunk (chevy prism) and drive away with it unlatched. The gas release and trunk release are right next to each other. It's not that big of a deal unless I stop very quickly and the trunk comes shooting up.

I could see it being a problem if I left the trunk lid unlatched on the solstice with the way the trunk opens the opposite direction to wind resistance and went driving down the highway. Does anyone know about a safety latch or something? Not really wanting to rip the trunk lid off the car.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
We discussed this a while ago. Consensus on the site is that there will be two AFBTS's (winglets or buttresses) that require latching as well - it's unlikely the trunk will open if those are latched, and it would make sense if there were a chime/notification if your decklid were open.

Don't forget, there are cars that have a tonneau (the Corvette Convertible is the only one that comes to mind right now) that opens reverse - I wonder how they deal with a not fully latched tonneau.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Yes we had some discussion of our Solstice trunks flying off into the highway :( Use the search to find the older thread.

·
4,592 Posts
mceb said:
Yes we had some discussion of our Solstice trunks flying off into the highway :( Use the search to find the older thread.
Quote from S-Man:

looking in the rearview and see "ECITSLOS" for a fleeting moment before you realize the trunk just ripped of the car :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts