Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Well this article gives more confirmation that the 3rd Kappa will be the Euro Opel.

Regular production at the plant is expected to start midyear. The first vehicle to be produced is the Solstice. The second product to be produced will be the Saturn Sky, a two-seat roadster. The plant also will produce an export, an Opel roadster, which will be sold in Europe.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
Autoworkers are in process of being called back for training and preparation for the launch of the new products, he said.
Another good sign that things are getting close!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
brentil said:
Well this article gives more confirmation that the 3rd Kappa will be the Euro Opel.
That was already annouced a month or so back. Export to Europe (probably similar to Sky look and feel). Nice we are sending some the other way for a change.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
mceb said:
That was already annouced a month or so back. Export to Europe (probably similar to Sky look and feel). Nice we are sending some the other way for a change.
I knew they had announced that, but I thought they hadn't specifically said yet who the Kappas were going to. I know we've all been assuming Opel, but I thought we were still going on assumption and not official announcement of who was getting them yet? I might be remembering wrong though.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
brentil said:
I knew they had announced that, but I thought they hadn't specifically said yet who the Kappas were going to. I know we've all been assuming Opel, but I thought we were still going on assumption and not official announcement of who was getting them yet? I might be remembering wrong though.
I went back to find the thread and turns out we didn't discuss Opel being kappa #3 but it was mentioned in the article itself (link)...http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1085
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
mceb said:
I went back to find the thread and turns out we didn't discuss Opel being kappa #3 but it was mentioned in the article itself (link)...http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1085
Ahhh, ok yup you're correct. I still wonder if this means there will be a Vauxhall version or not. Since in general Vauxhall's versions are usually rebadged Opels. For example GM devliers to Opel all of it's cars then Opel remakes some of those as Vauxhalls. I also wonder if GM will eb shipping completed+painted cars over to Opel, or if it'll be skinless cars that Opel will finish in their plants with their skins and paint colors. Because in general I believe they have different paint colors then we use here.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Vauxhall version built in the UK or Sweden (Saab). Just because Delaware is only building three versions doesn't entirely rule out other versions. OR, the Vauxhall could end up being the Sky rebadged. They have that option, too, reverse British invasion.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top