Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
but no more! I finally have purchased my '07 Sly GXP! I will take delivery of it this afternoon, just in time for the incoming blizzard. 21k miles, single owner(59yo harley-driving woman), summer driver, meticulously maintained, all options except on-star and the GMPP tune. It is an automatic, but I'm not ashamed, it was a stipulation of being allowed the purchase by the boss (read: wife).

I am very excited to participate in the forum. I've been scoping out all the great topics and upgrades and look forward to phasing in a new exhaust, HF cat, tune, CAI, hitch, run-flats, etc. This place seems like a wealth of knowledge, and I look forward to future discussions.

Here she is as of last night with the "sold" sign in the front window :)

EDIT:

options from the factory:
-Premium Package
-Front & Rear Splash Guards
-Air Conditioning
-Monsoon Premium Audio System
-Monsoon AM/FM Stereo w/6 disc CD
-Sport Metallic Pedals
-Automatic Transmission
-Chrome Plated Wheels
-OEM Pontiac Wind Restrictor

·
Registered
34 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase and hope you have many fun years of driving it. My wife and I love ours. Where are you from?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone! I'm so stoked. I've been grinning all day. I drove her home tonight through the sleet and nasty wind, but I was in heaven.

Sol4two, I'm just Southwest of Chicago, just down the road on 30 :)

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
'grats New! Nice looking car! (Brought my wife to look at ours on the lot this past Feb - looked so good glimmering under the lot lights like yours above that I knew it was going to follow us home!)

Drove ours home in the slush and crud too - didn't mind it at all!

You're right regarding the knowledge on this board. I've found it invaluable. Great group of people here.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Welcome to the party! It's nice to know another lonely Kappa has been 'adopted' by a caring family.
Don't be ashamed of the automatic. Its not only a better transmission but it's faster too.
Hope you enjoy your new acquisition!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Chickenwire, I see you have the Kappa luggage, How do you like it? Do you have all 4 pieces? They look really convenient, and they seem very reasonable. Are there any other alternatives to consider?

Tom, when you say that it is a better transmission, what do you mean? Is it because the manual isn't great, or because the auto is just that good. As I understand it, the same trans is used in the CTS line.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Hey ya congrats. Ya I was kinda bummed too when my wife wanted the Auto, especially since she can drive a manual,but it is her car soooo.... but now I LOVE the auto, absolutely no regrets.

Bert

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Chickenwire, I see you have the Kappa luggage, How do you like it? Do you have all 4 pieces? They look really convenient, and they seem very reasonable. Are there any other alternatives to consider?

Tom, when you say that it is a better transmission, what do you mean? Is it because the manual isn't great, or because the auto is just that good. As I understand it, the same trans is used in the CTS line.
Welcome and congrats on the purchase. I have the four piece Kappa Luggage set. I highly recommend it!:thumbs:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Welcome,
LLLFLY

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Welcome, newrival! Great looking car and enjoy the permagrin! I'm not aware of the top end speed for the auto, but it is near impossible to beat the shift speed of a good auto tranny. Makes it faster on the gitty-up-go........

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
And another permagrin is born!!! Welcome and congrats!!! :cool::thumbs::cool:

My wife never misses an opportunity to demonstrate that her auto is a little faster than my manual, but then again, I have an '06 with the 2nd to 3rd "lag". I'm thinking a supercharger will sway the competition heavily my direction...:yesnod::devil:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks again, folks!

It turns out that my car might have had the GMPP tune done. Is there a way to verify whether one was done? I have searched the forum, but I haven't been able to find an answer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts