Soup, Sent you a PM too...or "discussion" as this new format calls it.What he said^
Additionally: the car-to-door 'concertina' boot is a right-angle S-shape. The way to thread the wires through is to detach the car end and stretch it out (nearly) straight. Then reattach the end afterward.
As an aside, for amplifier watts, most head units work on 12V and so are rated at 'peak' watts (that's why you usually see them all say 40 watts - though even THAT is a stretch). Better amps include a voltage booster/inverter so that they can push more watts, but head amps generally don't have enough space for that.
Since I value all of your knowledge (especially HIDs and LEDs...haha), and I know you will give me what I'm looking for and what I want to do. Will the following speakers work or will I need an amp? I was going to go with a 10" sub and a component speaker set. If I'm going with this sub, should I get rid of the Monsoon amp and buy a new one? Here's what I'm looking at for now. Maybe upgrading the headunit later this year. Appreciate and value any response....
Infinity Reference Series REF6530cx 6-1/2" Component Speaker System 6.5
- 6-1/2" 2-way Reference Series Component System
- Power Handling:
- Peak: 540 watts per set / 270 watts each side
- RMS: 180 watts per set / 90 watts each side
- Plus One+ woofer cone design offers greater bass output and increased efficiency
- Injection-molded polypropylene cone woofer
- Hi-Roll rubber surround
- 3/4" Edge-driven textile dome tweeter
- Starfish mounting brackets for easy tweeter installation
- 2-way external crossover network
- True Four Ohm Impedance technology
- speaker's 3-ohm impedance combines with speaker wire impedance for a 4-ohm load
- compatible with virtually all factory or aftermarket car stereos
- Frequency response: 53-21,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 93 dB
- Top-mount depth: 2-1/16"
- Grilles Included
- 1 Year Autosounds4less Warranty
Kicker CompRT10 10 Inch 25cm Subwoofer DVC 2 Ohm 400W
10" CompRT 2 Ohm
The CompRT 10-Inch Subwoofer is an all-weather thin subwoofer with a pair of 2Ω voice coils.
With our custom SoloKon™ technology and the CompRT’s unique interior support system, the sub sounds fat – but keeps it thin!
The CompRT 10-Inch Subwoofer works best with a sealed or ported enclosure and 400 watts of recommended power. See below for more details.
SIZE [in, cm]: 10, 25
IMPEDANCE [Ohms]: 2 DVC
POWER WATTS [peak/RMS]: 800/400
SENSITIVITY [dB 1w/1m]: 84.8
MOUNTING DEPTH [in, cm]: 3-7/16, 8.8
MOUNTING DIAMETER [in, cm]: 9-1/8, 23.1
MIN SEALED BOX VOL [cu. ft, L]: 0.4, 11.3
MAX SEALED BOX VOL [cu. ft, L]: 1.25, 35 .4
MIN VENTED BOX VOL [cu. ft, L]: 1.25, 35.4
MAX VENTED BOX VOL [cu. ft, L]: 1.75, 49.6