Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

2101 - 2120 of 2172 Posts

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
I heard that non of the 4 cars from Jim Wagners reached the low end of their estimated sale price. The Coupe seemed to go a little low for its condition and options IMO.
Yep, I was watching at the time. Guess his ownership didn't affect value much. But the GTO was right hand drive and couldn't be licensed in the USA.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Fun to see the charity cars come back around. This is a really good one. If I were I buyer, I'd upgrade to RPM Stage 3 as all else on the car is good to go.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Yep, I was watching at the time. Guess his ownership didn't affect value much. But the GTO was right hand drive and couldn't be licensed in the USA.
there are plenty of righthand drive vehicles in the US, why can't this one be licensed?
Bill

·
Super Moderator
5,829 Posts
there are plenty of righthand drive vehicles in the US, why can't this one be licensed?
Bill
RHD has nothing to do with it. It doesn't meet either an emissions or safety requirement:
The fifth car in the Wangers offering comes straight from down under, a rare 2000 Holden HSR-GTSR, one of 50 of the performance models built by GM’s Australian division. The right-hand-drive Holden formed the basis for Pontiac’s final version of the GTO, and while it’s not certified for US roads, it has just 42,395 kilometers (26,343 miles) on the odometer.

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Bill
At the time of the auction, the auctioneer announced that it could not be licensed in the USA. It was developed by Holden for the Australian market so it doesn't meet any US regulations. GM brought it over to figure out how to make it compliant with US regulations, and marketed it as the GTO. I'm assuming Wrangler ended up with it when GM was done with it.

·
Registered
885 Posts
At the time of the auction, the auctioneer announced that it could not be licensed in the USA. It was developed by Holden for the Australian market so it doesn't meet any US regulations. GM brought it over to figure out how to make it compliant with US regulations, and marketed it as the GTO. I'm assuming Wrangler ended up with it when GM was done with it.
once upon a time (and maybe still...) you could get a once in a lifetime exemption for a 'gray market' car
Bill

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,108 (Edited)
#472 - NA - auto

in the Facebook "Saturn Sky, Pontiac Solstice, Opel GT Classifieds & Tech"- only 11k miles

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
William: I don’t have #472 in the registry. I tried to look it up on Facebook marketplace but couldn’t find it. I need a location for the car and mileage would’ve nice.

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,110
William: I don’t have #472 in the registry. I tried to look it up on Facebook marketplace but couldn’t find it. I need a location for the car and mileage would’ve nice.
11,042 -> Taylors Falls, MN.

oops - it is in "Saturn Sky, Pontiac Solstice, Opel GT Classifieds & Tech" group

·
Registered
6,833 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,112

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Above car from Sirwm his post:
Late 2018 - same seller as above - asking 25000$
Mid 2018 - same seller as above - asking 28000$
Early2018 - same seller as above - asking 39000$
Mid 2017 - another seller - asking 25000$

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Gave this it's own thread due to cost, cross posting here.
Just posted on FB in the Pontiac Solstice & Saturn Sky Classifieds, sellers name is Ken Lundy, he posted his phone number: 919 906 1292

2.4, Auto, Black, 78,000 Miles, $12,800, Garner NC

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,115
#989 - auto - NA

Gave this it's own thread due to cost, cross posting here.
2.4, Auto, Black, 78,000 Miles, $12,800, Garner NC

Attachments

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Small World - GXP stick coupe for sale

Just 3 doors down the street the new owner needs to sell his coupe to finance improvements to the house. I stopped over for this photo op. His car is a pre-production car with a non-sequential VIN, 27,000 miles. I have recommended he bring it to NASSAM. Details to follow as I learn them.

I believe this is the car I saw at a European used car dealer last summer. Asking then was $27,000 but dealer thought seller would take $25,500.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,117

·
Premium Member
359 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
That car is back at MB Vintage Cars Cleveland Ohio saw it a couple weeks ago when I went to pick up some things from my powder coater who is next door to this guy's storage warehouse .He is now asking 39 grand for it nice car but not at that price .

2101 - 2120 of 2172 Posts