Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

2161 - 2172 of 2172 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Wow: What a cheap price. Could be a good flip car.

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,163

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,164

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,165

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Late with #871 on Bring a Trailer, only one day left.
GXP, Manual, Mean, 2,600 Miles, Toledo, OH
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2009-pontiac-solstice-15/

Couple of the more interesting comments.
One commenter posted this; Sep 16 at 11:38 PM
KM_AXer 242
That bid won’t buy the GXP, of course. And I *may* stay in it for a while, because I love these cars. Lucky me was an instructor for an in-house GM driver-training course for engineering staff. One of the cars used in limit-handling portions was the NA version of this, and it was an absolute blast to drive. That particular car was destined for the crusher, as it was a pre-production vehicle with a VIN which could not be registered for road use. On many occasions, I offered to buy the car for track use only, but of course, that was just not going to happen. Liability concerns always seem to kill the fun factor.

Sep 18 at 2:48 PM
Daryll 288
Very cool little car – as others have noted this combo (coupe, manual, GXP, yellow) is unicorn rare. When these were being built I was a supplier to GM (forklift truck batteries and charging equipment) and spent a lot of time at the Wilmington, Delaware plant where these were built. Previously they built the Saturn L-series sedans and wagons at that plant, so tooling was there to make huge volume. By the time Solstice and Sky were being built, all that assembly line tooling was abandoned in place, and these were being built pretty much by hand, on mobile work platforms that were wheeled along next to the old assembly lines. The remaining workers were all older guys with years of experience (result of lots of layoffs at this plant) but they all seemed to really enjoy building these. Picture a whole plant where the youngest employee is 50+ years old, welding up frames by hand in a jig. But it worked, and the initial quality of these cars was excellent. Too bad GM pulled the plug before they finished developing the car fully.
At the time, my daily driver was a G8 GT – Pontiac was turning into a market leader, until it got Buicked…
Seller – great job keeping the car like new – GLWTA!

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
"Bring a Trailer" implies that the car is not running, or is such a trophy that it should not be driven. Either way, the venue makes me too nervous to bid.

·
Registered
6,833 Posts

·
Registered
6,833 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,170
2161 - 2172 of 2172 Posts