Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
2721 - 2740 of 2782 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Don't forget to send coupe information to me for The Coupe Registry!!!! The Coupe Registry can be found under the General Solstice Discussion and then Solstice Coupe Discussion and then The Coupe Registry

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
From an old thread I posted on: "I just checked my bought log, and paid $910, and saved around 200 -250 from the retail price at the time. I bought it from CrateEngineDepot back in 2009."
I think you are correct Chop. Soft top was around a $1,200 option

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
I'm curious what some of you would be willing to pay for this car? I kind of want it 🙂
With such low miles, it has sat around for a long time!! Check to weatherstripping, You will need new tires asap, did the previous owner have it serviced occasionally. Just my thoughts is 27/28 thousand for it. Others may disagree.
I own it’s twin but have many more miles!

·
Premium Member
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe 001136
439 Posts
I'm curious what some of you would be willing to pay for this car? I kind of want it 🙂
I think a car Like that has two buyers: Museum Collectors and those who want a ‘like-new’ Solstice to drive a lot. Both need to have extra cash.

I wouldn’t pay a premium for it myself, as it’s an out-of-warranty car which still still hasn’t been broken-in.

For the coupes, I recommend Hagerty’s evaluation tool. I expect it’ll be in the high $20k-low $30k range, depending on 1.) condition & 2.) equpment.

If you’re a wannabe collector, you’ll need to understand everything about the history & condition of the car, how it was stored and cared for, etc. before you pay more than that.

if you want a coupe to drive and don’t have money to burn, I’d look for a car with a clear title, a demonstrable history of good care from a limited number of owners, and a moderate number of miles (20-50k mi.). Low to mid $20s.

YMMV, of course, as prices depend on individual buyer’s psychology. But on average, I think those numbers are valid.

·
Premium Member
5,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,726 ·
Reactions: MillaMilla94

·
Registered
965 Posts
I also think that 1080 is worth aroun $30,000 but it will probably bid higher than that estimate. At least it will not get as crazy as this Lancia with just over 100 miles on it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thank you for your input, y'all! I, too, was figuring that this car would see $30k at the minimum. I'll likely throw a bid out there at some point next week, but I certainly don't want to bid against any of you, if one of you have your heart set on this low mileage example. I'll be honest, right now I'm cross shopping this particular 118 mile 2009 Solstice GXP, a 938 mile 2017 Chevy SS in Phantom Black Metallic (my least favorite color, of course), and a 25,236 mile 2006 Trailblazer 3SS 😩😩😩

Decisions, Decisions. I want them ALL!!!

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Thank you for your input, y'all! I, too, was figuring that this car would see $30k at the minimum. I'll likely throw a bid out there at some point next week, but I certainly don't want to bid against any of you, if one of you have your heart set on this low mileage example. I'll be honest, right now I'm cross shopping this particular 118 mile 2009 Solstice GXP, a 938 mile 2017 Chevy SS in Phantom Black Metallic (my least favorite color, of course), and a 25,236 mile 2006 Trailblazer 3SS 😩😩😩

Decisions, Decisions. I want them ALL!!!
You are sure talking about a different variety of cars. If your just looking for a collector, then whatever you decide obviously is your choice. Our kappas are best when driven and enjoyed!

·
Registered
17 Posts
You are sure talking about a different variety of cars. If your just looking for a collector, then whatever you decide obviously is your choice. Our kappas are best when driven and enjoyed!
I've always loved the Kappa Coupes 🙂 I have to make my mind up quick, but whatever I decide on, you can bet I'll be daily driving it and enjoying it! I'd love to get my hands on #1080, however, the uncertainty of the auction is in play. It's different when it's just a for sale listing.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Also keep in mind that BAT charges the winning bidder (if reserve is met) a 5% fee so at 30K that is another $1500 on top of any State Sales tax you will have to pay. Just something to keep in mind.

If you do go for it I wish you luck. I will not be bidding on it as my coupe is for sale just to thin out the Pontiac herd.

·
Registered
965 Posts
well I think #1080 will blow past my opinion of $30,000.00 it is already at $29,000.00 with 5 days remaining.

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
VIN 1151, GXP, Auto, Wicked, 24,500 miles, Venice FL

FB Group: Pontiac Solstice Owners Association, seller: Kevin Romanelli

Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light

An opportunity to own this fun, low mileage and rare one-owner Solstice Targa-top (31lbs) Coupe GXP 2.0L 260horse/260trq Turbo Automatic capable of 0-60 in 5.1 seconds and 142 mph top speed. Factory Options: Premium Package, Auto 5 SPD, A/C, Chrome Wheels, Red stitching on black leather, 7 Speaker Monsoon Stereo, 6-Disc CD Changer, Sport Metallic Pedals. 19/27 MPG. Priced thousands less than same coups over past year. 2009 Solstice Coupes are quite rare: Hagerty Appraisal Services rate Solstice Coupe a "GOLDEN INVESTMENT." Total of 1,266 Solstice Coupes manufactured in Wilmington, Delaware before production was shut down: 102 pre-production 2009 models, 1,152 sequentially vin'd regular production 2009 models, and 12 pre-production 2010 models. This contrast the over 64,000 of Solstice Convertibles that were manufactured. Of 2009 production, 18%, or 221 Units, are “Wicked” Ruby Red Metallic - Paint Code 79U (USA 195/CAN 10/MEX 16). You’ll appreciate the red stitching on black leather when most are black on black. It's no coincidence that the history of the Solstice spans the Bob Lutz era at General Motors. After Lutz joined GM in 2001 to guide its product development, one of the first tasks he assigned the design staff was to create a new concept for the Detroit Auto Show. The Solstice was born, a stylistic hit was made and the convertible was rushed to production. Now, as Lutz is winding down his time at GM, the Solstice and the entire Pontiac brand are also fading off into the sunset. In many respects, this Solstice is symbolic of what was right and wrong with GM and Pontiac. And our time with the Solstice Coupe is a telling tale about the final new model from a vanishing brand.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Also keep in mind that BAT charges the winning bidder (if reserve is met) a 5% fee so at 30K that is another $1500 on top of any State Sales tax you will have to pay. Just something to keep in mind.

If you do go for it I wish you luck. I will not be bidding on it as my coupe is for sale just to thin out the Pontiac herd.
I had no idea that they also charged a fee at the end of the auction, but I guess maybe I should have figured that! It's getting a little rich for my taste! 😂

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is anybody else watching the auction of #1080??? Watching this is worse than watching Barrett-Jackson. I'm just waiting for a celebrity appearance. 😂😂 I can't stand that, just let the auction go. It's going to bring what it brings, period.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ah I see, good morning. The info they offer me is just 0 new comments in last 6 hrs. So kind of dead for me.
Here's the link:

I wonder if you may have to have a BaT account to see the comments?

2721 - 2740 of 2782 Posts