Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
2761 - 2780 of 2783 Posts

·
Registered
7,857 Posts
VIN Y000046, 2.4, Auto, Mysterious, 20,147 miles, $29,900, Wichita Falls, TX
Looks like they are just trolling for a way high price on the basis of serial number numerology. I always figure that the really early cars are to be avoided as they were still sorting out the fine details and glitches when they were made - better to wait for a later one when that was all done (like a 2009);

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
FB Group: Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky Classifieds
Seller; Wendy Rowland

$38,000 Canadian = US $29,760.84
VIN 107047 (per sirwm)
GXP, Manual, Cool, 20,300 km (12,613 miles), Alliston ON

Sellers description: A downsizing of a private collection results in the offering of a rare collectible Pontiac in showroom condition. This 2009 Pontiac GXP Coupe was built on Jan 8, 2009 is one of 17 Silver Metallic preproduction coupes built. This car is one of 15 originally delivered to the US. With 20300 Km, this GXP features a 5 speed manual transmission and 2.0 litre turbo charged 260 H.P. engine. Highest H.P. per cubic inch engine produced by GM at the time. Located in Alliston, Ontario.
Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Premium Member
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,766 · (Edited)
FB Group: Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky Classifieds
Seller; Wendy Rowland

$38,000 Canadian = US $29,760.84
VIN? GXP, Manual, Cool, 20,300 km (12,613 miles), Alliston ON

Sellers description: A downsizing of a private collection results in the offering of a rare collectible Pontiac in showroom condition. This 2009 Pontiac GXP Coupe was built on Jan 8, 2009 is one of 17 Silver Metallic preproduction coupes built. This car is one of 15 originally delivered to the US. With 20300 Km, this GXP features a 5 speed manual transmission and 2.0 litre turbo charged 260 H.P. engine. Highest H.P. per cubic inch engine produced by GM at the time. Located in Alliston, Ontario.
well - the 1/8/09 date, the stick, the color, and 'preproduction' imply that this is coupe 107047.
( EDIT - I received a message from 'Wendy' on FB to confirm 107047. )

Reactions: ChopTop

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey guys, I'm thinking about putting my car (#333) on the market, it's a non GXP coupe with an LS conversion. It uses the full PAW kit with a LS3/TR6060. Upgraded with Texas Speed's stage 3 cam package, plus some other goodies. I was attempting the first crank over, but the clutch pedal sensor needed clearing, so I left it for another day. That was over a year ago, and it's been stored in a climate controlled unit until I could bring it home. I kept spreadsheets of parts, costs, to-do, etc. Figured i'd give this community a heads up first. I'm pretty confident that my investment far exceeds what most of the offers will be, but that's life. Tried to keep this short, but I'm more than happy to go over every detail with potential buyers. Car is located in San Antonio, TX.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Hey guys, I'm thinking about putting my car (#333) on the market, it's a non GXP coupe with an LS conversion. It uses the full PAW kit with a LS3/TR6060. Upgraded with Texas Speed's stage 3 cam package, plus some other goodies. I was attempting the first crank over, but the clutch pedal sensor needed clearing, so I left it for another day. That was over a year ago, and it's been stored in a climate controlled unit until I could bring it home. I kept spreadsheets of parts, costs, to-do, etc. Figured i'd give this community a heads up first. I'm pretty confident that my investment far exceeds what most of the offers will be, but that's life. Tried to keep this short, but I'm more than happy to go over every detail with potential buyers. Car is located in San Antonio, TX.

View attachment 120129
Do yourself a favor and list a price. That will keep the tire kickers at bay while at the time letting someone know if they should bother you. V8 pricing wise we've see it all, from high to low prices, so nothing really surprises us.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Do yourself a favor and list a price. That will keep the tire kickers at bay while at the time letting someone know if they should bother you. V8 pricing wise we've see it all, from high to low prices, so nothing really surprises us.
I imagined this exact comment, almost word for word before I sent my post haha. Alright screw it, I want $40k. This is like the PAW's Hot Cam package, but I went with Kooks mid tubes, bigger cam, 3 bolt conversion and C5R timing chain, rockers and spring upgrades, etc. Plus I picked up a few other odds and ends they don't have in the kit. There's more to the build, but not from their store. Now that i'm thinking about it, I'm probably close to $40K in parts... Whatever, if anyone is interested just DM me. I'm getting tired of paying $500/month in storage fees

·
Registered
2009 Solstice GXP Coupe
130 Posts
Could definitely be a $40k car depending on everything that used cars are graded on by potential buyers. It’s not like you can shop and compare LS Coupes all day long, but there also may not be anyone even with the knowledge one is out there for sale. Best of luck with the sale!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Could definitely be a $40k car depending on everything that used cars are graded on by potential buyers. It’s not like you can shop and compare LS Coupes all day long, but there also may not be anyone even with the knowledge one is out there for sale. Best of luck with the sale!
I appreciate the confidence boost. Yea I figure a potential buyer will need to share the same thought process I had. Someone who wants a unique weekend/show car with little concern for resale/collector value. That's probably a really small window lol

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Reduced from $25,000 to $19,900, 2.4, auto, mysterious, 62,000 miles, Saint Joseph KS
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Premium Member
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,777 ·

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Now on CL
09 Solstice GXP Coupe Mysterious, Manual
#936 of 1266 coupes produced.
Only about 200 black 5spd GXP coupes total.

41,000 mi
2nd owner, purchased in 2010 at 3000 mi.
No wrecks, no fender benders, no dents, no dings. All service performed at Chevy dealers. Always garaged. Not perfect but very clean. Bone stock body and interior. Loaded.

Typical Kappa mild performance upgrades:
-Solo high flow cat
-RPM Motorsports tune and GMPP pressure sensors
-RPM Motorsport Cerakote high flow charge pipes
-Full custom exhaust...not overly loud, smooth and growly, not fart-boxy.
-Lightweight battery
-DDM backbone/driveshaft tunnel brace...3/8" (or 1/2" can't remember)
-Custom rear suspension brace (ties lower rear control arm p/u points to each other and center of unibody
-Kappasphere 1.5 in lowering coils (made by Eibach?)
-Advanti Racing Hybris forged wheels 19x8.5 with 235/35R19 Michelin PS 4s with about 15-20kmi left on them. Pkg is about 6-8 lbs lighter per corner than stock
-Hawk brake pads, yellow frt and blue rear
-DC Sports front unibody cross brace and Amsoil full synth transmission and diff fluids included but not installed.

Nothing added or changed in about 4-5 years as I really think the setup is perfect. Car runs, rides and drives much better than new.

All original parts and OE 5 spoke 18" chrome aluminum rims included. OE Goodyears are still mounted on them but only have about 5000 or less miles remaining.

The only real cons to this car are:
-Some road rash in front of the lower rear wheel wells
-Minor rock chips on the front bumper fascia
-A couple broken clips and scratches underneath the front spoiler/wind deflector and under exhaust from inattention to ground clearance.
-Less than dime-sized scuff on drivers seat

I hate selling this little beauty but I live way out in the country and almost never take it out anymore as we're getting older and have a more practical performance car now.

Carfax avail. Title in hand. Price is OBO. Loballers and spammers will be ignored.

sevun six z-ro fif 2 fyf 7sevn4 ate.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Crosspost

2761 - 2780 of 2783 Posts