Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Above Sold
Post em if you find them here

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Don't rule out the auto's. They are fun too! It is hard for manual's to keep up with them. I like them both for different reasons.

·
Registered
8 Posts
09 n/a coupe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

out for a walk the other day came accross Silvr 2009 n/a Sol coupe for sale. garage kept low miles I believe. $24,000 OBO contact # in NJ 609-915-7874 private owner

·
Registered
167 Posts
Don't rule out the auto's. They are fun too! It is hard for manual's to keep up with them. I like them both for different reasons.
I've driven both, i actually prefer my auto transmission to the manual. It feels faster to me also.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I started this thread in the hopes that it would serve as the inception for anyone who finds a coupe or is interested in buying a coupe to be able to post it here or look here (naive I know) vs all the; Searching or I want a coupe threads. Many dealers now or have been using YouTube (along with other traditional resources) however, because YouTube is primarily a media that includes a video that allows potential buyers to view the car beforehand.

It also has a filter option (posted this week, this month, most viewed, etc.). Granted, it does also pull up convertibles, however since this is the coupe forum it was my hope that it would serve as one thread for potential coupe owners to begin or use as a search tool in their quest.

Again, the (my) primary intent for starting this thread was to help others in locating a coupe to purchase.
:) :grouphug: :)

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I usually look at Ebay, Autotrader, Cars.com, Google search and You Tube.
Last week found a red auto coupe on Autotrader close to KC and had to buy it.

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
I've driven both, i actually prefer my auto transmission to the manual. It feels faster to me also.
Pssst - with GMPP tune and no lift shift feature, the manual is faster....:devil:

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I agree! - but you have to launch and shift perfectly - I get it most of the time...
But wife can just floor it and when I catch up from a bad launch she stops and says - I hit the speed limit first..

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Came out of the grocery store the other day, guy pulls up and asks if I put the conversion KIT on or had it done. When I told him it was factory, of course he never heard or seen one until now. His next question was " Do you want to sell it?" I said no and suggested this forum.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
LOL - It is amazing how many folks ask what is it? Then the "ITS A PONTIAC" really?

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
I agree that is does look out of the ordinary for a Pontiac.

I get all sorts of questions on my oddball equipe - the most persistent was with the TVR race car I used to have - everyone asked what its was, I'd answer 'TVR' then they'd say "Who makes it?" and I'd say 'TVR' again - always felt like I was stuttering. Their next question was usually "Oh, you mean it is a Triumph......(followed by my 'No, TVR') and on and on.

I've had a few people say that they didn't know Pontiac had made anything that interesting. When I asked them if they knew about the Solstice convertible, they'd often say something about 'Sure, but it isn't anywhere near as nice as your car' (not making this up - many non-car people seem to like the coupes better)

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
33 Posts
Coupe buy

I'm looking for a coupe can't buy till oct 1 too make wife happy kids colllage $and all i understand . I want gpx manual willing to pay up to 26000$ depending on miles condition , and color !;):yawn:

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Great idea LowLife1...keep it going!:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Weird.....#684 states a 5 Speed manual..but the picture is clearly an Automatic :huh:

#987..."We are sorry, this listing is no longer available" :cryin:

·
Registered
55 Posts
It sure was weird to see my car posted on the first link of this topic, the end of my Vin is 9Y001141. I flew my Wife to Reno to buy it and she had no idea where we were going and why. I finally sprung it on her after the dealer picked us up at the airport and took us to their lot. She loves it! We drove it to Tahoe and then to Monterey. CA. We took the coast route to Orange County, CA. I think I got a pretty good deal, it has 14k miles on it and I got it for 19k out the door. Well I have to pay CA Tax and license on it.

1 - 20 of 289 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.