Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Yes...you're tuned. Only one side holds that sensor in...the bottom screw is just there so it's not lost. Find out where the plug was soldered now. Probably under that black electrical tape. From what I see, it looks like they're crimped under that electrical tape. Make sure it was soldered and not wire crimped together. If it's crimped, solder them together one at a time with heat shrink tubing and then re-wrap.

There is also another sensor up in the intake you'll have to do this for as well. The sensor should look the same.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Here's the one on the manifold...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Sorry I posted one picture that was a duplicate from prior. I took the electrical tape off of the sensors in there. It crimped, So I just need to solder those all together?

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Yes...solder them, reset your CEL and see if it comes back. Take them apart one at a time and solder them. This has been a known issue for the P0101 since they first started doing the GMPP tune. I waited and I actually have plug'n'play adapters for mine.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Let us know if that solved the issue. This is the cheapest thing you can do to try and correct the issue. If this doesn't do it, then it maybe your MAF sensor.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Can I do the pug and play at this point with what I have?
No, it's too late. Once the pigtails are cut, it has to be soldered.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Yes...that was also in the link I sent you. However, those crimps, if not the problem now, will be a problem in the future. There are several different things that can be causing your issue. The largest are the crimped MAP sensor wires. Second can be loose intercooler piping. If you have these clamps, that's not your issue.... if you do have these (pr the other style, tighten them anyway...

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Did this fix it??

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
That did take care of the issue! Thank you!
I'm glad that worked!!! Hope you can join us on some of our cruises this summer and maybe we'll see you at the Nationals in Bellaire (Traverse City)!!

21 - 40 of 43 Posts