Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to start looking for a seat frame today just on a whim. I know that my seat frame is broken in the back. Apparently the PO was a larger, heftier fella. I've known it was broke for about 3 years, but it's never bothered me...until now. The padding has shifted and the bar they put in there is now evident. So I started looking for some parts today, and I must say, a lot of non-maintenance parts are scarce. Things like interior trim panels, some suspension parts (a-arms mostly) and of course exterior panels.

I am looking for a lower seat frame, #20831446 if anyone knows where I can find one that it's priced at $700!!! If I'm spending $700 on a seat frame and $700 for the cushion, I'm just buying aftermarket seats at that point for $700 for the pair!!! If nothing else, I will have the one in my car welded and fixed by a friend...

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
Tim: years ago Schram auto parts on the Dixie had lots of kappa parts. Think it’s in Waterford or Pontiac area. Actually the way the insurance companies are totaling our kappas there should be many kappa parts out there???

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tim: years ago Schram auto parts on the Dixie had lots of kappa parts. Think it’s in Waterford or Pontiac area. Actually the way the insurance companies are totaling our kappas there should be many kappa parts out there???
Completely forgot about them..thanks!!!

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hahahaha...just checked out another major reseller that I know of and they want $350 to ship a seat... Yeah, okay. Schram doesn't have them unfortunately.

·
Registered
378 Posts
US Auto Supply may have one. From their pictures the seat is no good but I'd expect the frame is okay if they still have it (also probably a non-power seat, if that matters.)

Actually - there seem to be quite a few possibilities in Detroit junk yards that have them unlisted either due to oversight or because the upholstery is ruined.

If not I'm planning on going aftermarket in the next few months. Of course, that's probably not as convenient if you already have everything apart right now.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
This search took me less than 30 seconds. The company is in the Orlando area and has the obvious stuff folks are looking for. I've mentioned them on the forum before. Plus you can call them about only buying one seat as they may have a single seat. This is one of the places Kappas go for autopsy and harvest. Check it out.

2007-2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Black Leather Seats / Pair / OEM / PS023
  • 2007-2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Black Leather Seats / Pair / OEM / PS023

$399.99
SKU:941048442937Condition:UsedWeight:1.00 LBSShipping:$100.00 (Fixed Shipping Cost)

Richard Snipes

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
Ghost: The good thing is you don’t need perfect seat cover. Certainly should be much cheaper to buy a ripped junk yard seat. There has to be some in our area. If you take covering off yours an the frame be welded to repair ? You talking driver or passenger? I don’t know if you could attach the power mechanism to an 06 seat?? Are drivers and passengers interchangeable?? Wow: lots I don’t know!!

·
Super Moderator
7,636 Posts
From memory:
The bases of the non-powered seats are interchangeable side-to-side.
The powered seat base is unique, and retrofitting the adjuster does not look feasible.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
I decided to start looking for a seat frame today just on a whim. I know that my seat frame is broken in the back. Apparently the PO was a larger, heftier fella. I've known it was broke for about 3 years, but it's never bothered me...until now.
Since it's easy to remove the seat and then the cover and cushion, why not just take it to a welding shop to spot-weld it and fix the frame. I'd guess they wouldn't charge you more than $50 to do it. If you can weld yourself, or know someone at you work that can, it would be even better!

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Since it's easy to remove the seat and then the cover and cushion, why not just take it to a welding shop to spot-weld it and fix the frame. I'd guess they wouldn't charge you more than $50 to do it. If you can weld yourself, or know someone at you work that can, it would be even better!
Yeah, that's what I think I'm going to do. Providing the dealership didn't throw the piece out that was broke! I'm concerned about the seat cushion, so I might have to modify a piece of foam to fit. I'm not spending $500 for a new cushion!

This search took me less than 30 seconds. The company is in the Orlando area and has the obvious stuff folks are looking for. I've mentioned them on the forum before. Plus you can call them about only buying one seat as they may have a single seat. This is one of the places Kappas go for autopsy and harvest. Check it out.

$399.99
SKU:941048442937Condition:UsedWeight:1.00 LBSShipping:$100.00 (Fixed Shipping Cost)

Richard Snipes
These are great. I'd have to still remove the back coverings as mine are red stitched. (extra money as an option from my understanding!! ;) ) It might not be too bad to get these because I want to put a white insert in the middle anyway and keep with the white/black stuff going on with my car.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
These are great. I'd have to still remove the back coverings as mine are red stitched.
Removing them is easy... Pop the seatback 'tilt' latch surround off and pull off the handle too, then unzip the two long zips at the back. Then there's a long 'clip at the bottom of the back that you'll have to disconnect (work from one end to the other). Then the cover is free to slip off.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Removing them is easy... Pop the seatback 'tilt' latch surround off and pull off the handle too, then unzip the two long zips at the back. Then there's a long 'clip at the bottom of the back that you'll have to disconnect (work from one end to the other). Then the cover is free to slip off.
How about removing the leather from the bottom?

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
How about removing the leather from the bottom?
It's a little more involved, but not much. The Driver and Passenger side differ, in that with one the bottom of the sides are held down with long clips that hold onto the edges of the frame (just pull down and off) but the other (and I forget which) is held on with half a dozen (or so) 'Christmas tree' pins that you will almost certainly break when you try to pull them (so have spares handy :) ). Other than that you'll have to pull the driver raise/lower button & surround and unclip the connector. Rest is easy/self-evident.

UPDATE: Hah! I just remembered (and found) the attached from the old JPM company (now defunct), which says basically the same thing, but with photos :D ... maybe a good job, 'cos I forgot about having to remove the latch bolts to get the bottom covers off :banghead:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Also keep a watch on the site for the seat combination you want. When I was looking for a lighting wiring harnesses I called them. Polite, interested and approachable. You might ask to be put on a watch list, if they have that. What you want is more in demand than a wiring harness that goes in the trash, and I found for near nothing at a yard. Good luck.

Richard Snipes

·
Registered
5 Posts
I decided to start looking for a seat frame today just on a whim. I know that my seat frame is broken in the back. Apparently the PO was a larger, heftier fella. I've known it was broke for about 3 years, but it's never bothered me...until now. The padding has shifted and the bar they put in there is now evident. So I started looking for some parts today, and I must say, a lot of non-maintenance parts are scarce. Things like interior trim panels, some suspension parts (a-arms mostly) and of course exterior panels.

I am looking for a lower seat frame, #20831446 if anyone knows where I can find one that it's priced at $700!!! If I'm spending $700 on a seat frame and $700 for the cushion, I'm just buying aftermarket seats at that point for $700 for the pair!!! If nothing else, I will have the one in my car welded and fixed by a friend...
I've got a set of take out seats ,they are in good shape . If you are interested . If interested Email me at :
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
78 Posts

You need a complete bottom with tracks?

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm looking right now. And found that shipping is the killer. Most places and people want as much to ship it (about $250) as they do for the part. I can get a brand new frame for $250 shipped. I have to take the seat apart to see what I need. I was told 3 or 4 years ago that the frame is broken in the back by the dealer when I inquired about the uncomfortable seat and what felt like a 2x4 in the seat...it was.

LKQ wanted $400 for the seat and $300 to ship. The other reseller wanted $250 for the seat and $400 to ship. I found a company that has (or at least had them last week) the seat frame and they were $249.99 with $35 shipping. I want to keep my skins on the seat as I have the red option GXP stitching that matches the floor mats.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts