Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband thinks he's the only 70+ age buyer of the solstice. He doesn't think that many 70 yr. olds can get in and out of the car. We're curious. Are there any other 70+ buyers? I'm 67 yr. old female and we're both loving the car. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Although I am only 19 I thought I would give you some words of inspiration. My mamaw (Im in Tennessee, thats my grandmother) drives my 67 Camaro all the time. Its a bit bigger but its no stroll in the park to get in and out of but she has no problems. Plus she loves to light em up with it. So I would say you really need a Solstice and have fun.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I'm also 19... but I have no advice to offer. :lol:

...I respect ANYONE of any age who drives a Solstice.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
Age 57, so I'm still trying to catch up with y'all.

But when I go snow skiing, I tell people:

My legs are 57.
My heart is 21.
And my brain is 6.

Guess you could apply that to Solstice driving too!

Who are you trying to kid? You don't drive, you post. I'm still waiting for you to ship your Sol to me so that I can put some miles on it for you! ;)

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Editguy said:
Who are you trying to kid? You don't drive, you post. I'm still waiting for you to ship your Sol to me so that I can put some miles on it for you! ;)
I won't be driving all the way to Arizona, so we'd have to meet someplace around Santa Fe. How am I going to get the snow skiis in the trunk? Guess I'll have to buy those new "folding" skiis. :)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
I won't be driving all the way to Arizona, so we'd have to meet someplace around Santa Fe. How am I going to get the snow skiis in the trunk? Guess I'll have to buy those new "folding" skiis. :)

Santa Fe would be alright with me. I really like that town! How about getting some child skis to fit your 6 year old brain? :lol:

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Editguy said:
Santa Fe would be alright with me. I really like that town! How about getting some child skis to fit your 6 year old brain? :lol:
Now THERE is a good idea! Can't you just see me now, going up the wall on the half-pipe and catching some air? People will think I'm a hotdogger or something!

Or maybe they would just call those nice young men in their clean white coats AGAIN! Nobody ever answered my question: who sang that song?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
Now THERE is a good idea! Can't you just see me now, going up the wall on the half-pipe and catching some air? People will think I'm a hotdogger or something!

Or maybe they would just call those nice young men in their clean white coats AGAIN! Nobody ever answered my question: who sang that song?

Napoleon XIV ?

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Editguy said:
Napoleon XIV ?
You win the prize, my friend. Now, let's see what you have won:

Why, it's a brand new 2006 Pontiac Solstice!

I really wish I could give you one, Editguy, but my promotion budget just can't afford it. Sorry! :leaving: (in a BIG hurry!)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
You win the prize, my friend. Now, let's see what you have won:

Why, it's a brand new 2006 Pontiac Solstice!

I really wish I could give you one, Editguy, but my promotion budget just can't afford it. Sorry! :leaving: (in a BIG hurry!)

:lol: Well, I appreciate the thought. Hopefully I'll have mine before the end of this year!!!
And to get this thread back on topic, no, I'm not 70 or over!

·
Registered
26 Posts
ParTee said:
My husband thinks he's the only 70+ age buyer of the solstice. He doesn't think that many 70 yr. olds can get in and out of the car. We're curious. Are there any other 70+ buyers? I'm 67 yr. old female and we're both loving the car. :)
Jamaro turned 70 last March and the Husband turned 74 in August. Don't claim it as a record but only a pretty good average.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Sorry bout that!

ParTee said:
Well I am now 73 and looks like I'll be nearly 74 when our Solstice arrives. My wonderful wife of 48 great years will be 70 this month. When we got married our hobby was competeing and rallying in our 1956 Healey 100 M LeMans and beginning in 1959 our AC Bristol in Europe. Now we ride both Mountain bicycles and road bicycles and race the road bikes. In the recent state championship she won two gold medals and I won two bronze. Not too bad for oldies...We are really happy to be going into sportcars again and look forward to some Solstice group weekend trips.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
This is an actual E-Mail from a friend of my wifes, (and a friend of mine too)After She got to sit in my Solstice. She is 71 years old. I did a Cut and Paste to show you what She wan'ts for Christmas.. :devil: SEE BELOW!

The list this year is very short!!! One shiny red pontiac sports car, two seater, convertable, honking beautiful. Second choice, BRINKS truck. Any color, you choose. Love to all

I told her it was a long wait, So she will just have to ride with me in the spring. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
When I went to a nearby dealer to look at the red solstice in their showroom I was told "Sorry, you're too late- a woman in her 60's just came in a bought it!" (My dad just celebrated his 71st birthday this July by going waterskiing!) Get the car and have a blast!

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
mr ed said:
hi mr ed here age 67 male love my car vin 777 2800 miles on 777 its name
Well, mr ed, you posted your arrival announcement on somebody else's thread, so most of us missed it. I would like to say congratulations, rather late, on your 09/30 delivery! But you really should start your own arrival thread. :)

·
2,574 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
Well, mr ed, you posted your arrival announcement on somebody else's thread, so most of us missed it. I would like to say congratulations, rather late, on your 09/30 delivery! But you really should start your own arrival thread. :)

Chiming in at 62, don't blink it'll be 63 in ten days. Hoping this won't be my only Sol. Am also doing a retro trip back to the days of old British and Italian machines (bikes and sportscars). The Solstice is the first car under 50g's that has inspired me in years. Can't/won't be without at least one. :yesnod:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.