Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people, I'm looking to buy a genuine GM luggage rack, black or gray, no important. But only GM one please.
Thank you

·
Premium Member
17,531 Posts
The GM luggage rack fits all Kappas, Sky and Solstice, turbo and non turbo. All the trunk lids are identical where the rack mounts. The Sky humps are a different profile but the racks fit both. (excluding coupe for obvious reasons)

The GM rack was produced in gloss black and "chrome". You can paint either version so color is less important than availablity

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
This is the only used one I've seen offered for sale lately (silver), but its being offered w/a Smoothline hardtop. You might want to contact the seller and ask if he will just sell the luggage rack separately. I have no idea what installation hardware is needed.

https://bgky.craigslist.org/pts/5761249085.html

GM 19156320 (Black)
GM 17800045 (Silver)

GM 19166260 (Drill kit)

Avoid CL scams: https://www.craigslist.org/about/scams

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
This is the only used one I've seen offered for sale lately (silver), but its being offered w/a Smoothline hardtop. You might want to contact the seller and ask if he will just sell the luggage rack separately. I have no idea what installation hardware is needed.

https://bgky.craigslist.org/pts/5761249085.html

GM 19156320 (Black)
GM 17800045 (Silver)

GM 19166260 (Drill kit)

Avoid CL scams: https://www.craigslist.org/about/scams
I have the drill kit. $25.00 plus shipping.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guys, thanks a lot for all infos, I already sent to the seller on craiglist a message, he is able to sell just the rack then no more answers. I'll try again right now.
Northern, soon as I find one rack i'll take the drill kit from you.
Thanks again folks, keep you posted
Gabriel

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Hi guys, thanks a lot for all infos, I already sent to the seller on craiglist a message, he is able to sell just the rack then no more answers. I'll try again right now.
Northern, soon as I find one rack i'll take the drill kit from you.
Thanks again folks, keep you posted
Gabriel
Ok on the drill kit. Hope you find one. It is one of my favorite mods that I have done to my Roadster. Looks great and works great.

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
If you can come up with the hardware to mount the rack, I will give you the rack. Rob gave me a set, so I now have enough to do both of mine, but have the extra rack. But you have to have the hardware to attach it, and for it to look right. May take me a bit to get it, as it is in Denver and would have to have my cousin box it up and send it to you.

These things have become quite rare.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Seller wants $175.00 for the rack, and would not ship it. He is hoping to sell locally and holding out, I figured if it hadn't sold in three weeks but I was wrong.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is the hardware sold separately? I'd like to have all original. Drilling kit is just to drill on right place without any hardware? Beside screws, spacers and washers, do i need something else?
Thanks a lot Skersfan, you're right, the rack became vary rare and i really need one to prepare my car for the trip next year. If you have one more and want to sell it, i'll take it. Send me an e-mail ( [email protected] )or pm me, please.
Thank again to everyone,
Gabriel

·
Premium Member
17,531 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Wow, if this stuff is in stock I would go for it if Skersfan is going to give you his extra one. If they do have these parts I would also suggest you get the drill kit from them as they would combine shipping. It will probably work out cheaper for you than me shipping the drill kit from Canada. However, if they don't have the drill kit I have mine on hold for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the link but i think 40$ is just the discount, am I missing something? Anyway, i'll try to put all things together.
Thank you all

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
It does appear to be the attachment kit. If you can get it let me know. The rack is in Denver, I can have my cousin ship it to you. Now Rob has punished the part!!!! lol Meaning it has been custom painted Orange. But it is in perfect condition, just needs sanding and a black coat on it.

Thanks Rob for finding the attachment kit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, i'd like to have it, the color is not an issue, already ask northern for the drill kit and now i'm working for the hardware. I'll send you a pm with the address amd everithing.
Thank you
Gabriel

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,607 Posts
For what it is worth, please make a few telphone calls to the vendors to verify that the various parts are, indeed, actually in stock, hands on.

Trust, but verfy!

:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Ok on the drill kit. Hope you find one. It is one of my favorite mods that I have done to my Roadster. Looks great and works great.
Drill kit Sold to GABRIEL.

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
Okay Gabriel, just spoke with my cousin, she will ship it out tomorrow. I will get you the tracking number and the amount for shipping tomorrow.

I have two of them, and still have not put them on. The one for the green car will look great, but not sure it will look good on the yellow and black one.

I had actually thought at one time about a vinyl insert under it, of a twin turbo V8. That would get some looks I am sure. No I am not going to do it, but it would look pretty cool, as real as vinyl wrap stuff is anymore.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was thinking to wrap it in vinyl :) Mine is midnight blue. No visible mods, I try to keep it original.
Already sent you PM.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts