Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great Lakes takes in a lot of territory - I am looking for the Southeast Michigan / Metro Detroit Solsters. Soon we may actually have our cars, and when we do, we may want to occasionally gather for coffee ( or even an adult beverage ) so if you are in the Greater Detroit area, let's start to get a list together for contact. :yesnod:

A thought just occured to me: When 2 or more gather together, what is the plural of Solstice? Is it Solstices, or would that be Solstii ? :glol:

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
How about SW Michigan?

Hey.. I'm actually driving #134 these days... with the top down today even!!!

where are the rest of you guys?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I'm in northern Monroe county (when I pitch a stone over the fence, its in Wayne county :lol: ).

Unfortunately, :( I don't really expect to see my Solstice much before Christmas (where do you get those huge bows in the car commercials?).

I've actually seen quite a few - but haven't actually sat in one. This might sound kind of strange, but I don't think I want to until mine is here (though if presented with the opprotunity - I don't know if I could resist :willy: ).

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MAKsys said:
I'm in northern Monroe county (when I pitch a stone over the fence, its in Wayne county :lol: ).
Once I have my car no distance will really be too far. I'm in Sterling Heights north of Detroit but stay in touch and well get something going. I hopefully will have mine in a couple weeks - knock on wood. :banghead:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I live in bloomfield michigan and should have my car here in the next couple of weeks vin 1897, cool fully loaded with every option. Keep me posted.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm in Commerce Township, 3 miles from downtown Milford. Been driving #366 for a week now (385 miles) without going anywhere! I think I have the distinction of having the first Solstice to have their windshield broken by a rock in the country :willy: (this afternoon - dealer is trying to find a new one) stupid dirt roads. :cuss:

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Mid-Michigan

I've been driving around Lansing area for over a week now.....how about rotating destination meets....

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
toyman said:
I've been driving around Lansing area for over a week now.....how about rotating destination meets....
Absolutely ! I will enjoy driving any distance to new locations each time - it's only fair - and will be fun too. :yesnod:

So far we have 8 responses here from Michigan - a good start to a Michigan Club Sol. :cool:

·
Registered
46 Posts
CableStooge said:

Absolutely ! I will enjoy driving any distance to new locations each time - it's only fair - and will be fun too. :yesnod:

So far we have 8 responses here from Michigan - a good start to a Michigan Club Sol. :cool:

Still waiting to receive mine also #387. White Lake Twp. here. The club idea sounds good. Hopefully we'll get our cars before the snow starts to fly.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I hear that! If mine ends up here with the snow I will be flat bedding home to my heated garage. Nothing worse than salt and slush impacted into every nook and cranny in your new car! Sorry to hear about the guy with the broken windshield. I hate when that happens!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had my black on black, all option EOP #285 here in Ann Arbor for about 3 weeks. Odometer turned 1000 miles today. I am just amazed at the positive public reaction...every day people stop me to talk about the car. Many have guessed pricing at $40-50K!

·
Registered
42 Posts

I think that it will be solsti for the plural. Mine is in transit,#1159. Envious, that's a color. way back when we ordered that wat the only hard decision what color? I chose the dark green, classic looking I think.

Any way I might be tempted to take adrive to meet other owners. I'm going to drive the wheels of this thing. Sorry to those who it might upset but it's a car and I'm gonna love driving it, well unless it looks too slippery, then I'll drive my truck.

Can't believe they told me it would be here today. It wasn't. It was beautiful today. Hope we get a few more warm days this year.

Oh, I'm in Flushing, near Flint.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Well, :lurk:

Keep the updates to see what develops in SE MI.

A drive to Hell and back is really :cool:

I prolly wouldn't be able to attend, but I know a few engineers in the area that might be interested in attending some sort of SE MI Solstice Owners Club gathering...

Hey, "SEMI-SOC"?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Michigan drives

I would like to know where the good drives around SE Michigan are. I hear there is one around the Detroit metro park towards Ann Arbour. It was mentioned in I think the Free Press article. Any other suggestions?

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
This time of year a good drive is from Ann Arbor to Dexter along Huron River Drive. There are 3 Metro Parks along the route for short lunch stops. The color change along with the Huron river running right by the road makes for some great scenery.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have #542. I live in Northville, Michigan. I work in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I would like to join a club for Solstice. However, I might prefer a national/international club that has local chapters over just a local club.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
JRP said:
Traverse city area?
:yesnod: An absolutely lovely drive and beautiful part of the lower penisula. :yesnod: This would make a great destination for all - but not in January ! :lol:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts