Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
solstice_canuck said:
Hey Guys,

got off the phone with my sales rep a few hours ago and he informed me that he was updating peoples information on the ON region.

he also informed me that he updated someone that now has a VIN.

he also mentioned that there is a new status code that means unreferenced.. his definition was that this means that car will be pushed to next year.

he asked me to add that field so that he could update the status for one ON person.

he mentioned the name.. but now i forget.. i will call him tomorrow and confirm before i post.

cheers!
I PMed solstice_canuck and asked him to have his contact check my status. My status was preferenced it is now "unpreferenced - not scheduled for this year".

Sounds like they just slashed my dealer's allocation for this year, without bothering to tell the dealer.

So I called my really nice helpful sales guy and asked them one more time to check the status. I guess this is so more cars are available for places the don't get winter. GGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :brentil:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
I PMed solstice_canuck and asked him to have his contact check my status. My status was preferenced it is now "unpreferenced - not scheduled for this year".

Sounds like they just slashed my dealer's allocation for this year, without bothering to tell the dealer.

So I called my really nice helpful sales guy and asked them one more time to check the status. I guess this is so more cars are available for places the don't get winter. GGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :brentil:
I heard that they cut out some allocations, this stinks. Why don't they take it from some dealer that was allocated 15?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
deluke said:
I heard that they cut out some allocations, this stinks. Why don't they take it from some dealer that was allocated 15?
That would be OK if we were talking about inventory convertibles, these are sold orders. :brentil:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:

Dallas,

If you want one sly, loaded with black leather I might be able to help.
Turpin Salesman called me today and offered this one (in stock) instead of mine coming sometimes end of October (maybe).

Think about it. You could have one tomorrow. :)

P.S. Mine is supposed to be in Production now.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SLY2T_OTT said:
Dallas,

If you want one sly, loaded with black leather I might be able to help.
Turpin Salesman called me today and offered this one (in stock) instead of mine coming sometimes end of October (maybe).

Think about it. You could have one tomorrow. :)

P.S. Mine is supposed to be in Production now.
OK went to the dealer, they sold their other car today so the Sly is NOT for sale and they think they are only getting two more cars this year, yours and one other.

So their advise was to just hold onto my order because if I ordered one with them I would be even further down the queue.

There is a plus here, I don't have to clean out the garage.

Kevin was great by the way.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
OK went to the dealer, they sold their other car today so the Sly is NOT for sale and they think they are only getting two more cars this year, yours and one other.

So their advise was to just hold onto my order because if I ordered one with them I would be even further down the queue.

There is a plus here, I don't have to clean out the garage.

Kevin was great by the way.

Sorry it did not work out.
There is one more thing you can try. Phone Jack May, they may have one.

Hope Surgenor turns it around for you.
You can still clean out your garage. I'll put mine into your garage so you can look at it all winter. :lol:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
I PMed solstice_canuck and asked him to have his contact check my status. My status was preferenced it is now "unpreferenced - not scheduled for this year"
This sounds like just that the order has been moved into the later half of the 2006 Model Year build which will be built during the interval 2006-01-01/2006-06-30. Again, this might not be too bad as you pointed out in a later post since you won't have to garage it as long.

I sincerely hope this new code doesn't mean it's been moved out to the 2007 Model Year which should begin construction 2006-07-17.

Sorry to hear about the difficulty.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had enough disappointment for one day yesterday. May's Solstice is probably for the contest they are running.

SLY2T_OTT said:
Sorry it did not work out.
You can still clean out your garage. I'll put mine into your garage so you can look at it all winter. :lol:
Thanks, but the model in my office is the same as your car and I don't need to go to the garage. Besides I could put a lot of mileage on your car driving back and forth 5 feet all winter. :lol:

CV thanks for the support. If it is CY that is probably OK, if MY then i should order a SKY :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Spring will blow all of this to the winds of Solstice motoring

Fortyninenorth said:
CV thanks for the support. If it is CY that is probably OK, if MY then i should order a SKY :thumbs:
I think you meant me... So I'll say, "your welcome".

Do keep in mind that yours is still an active order, so you will get a Solstice. That in and of itself is more than some folks can say.

I know it's hard, but do try to remember why you took the time and invested your hard earned money in the deposit--you loved the design and the price point.

Come spring, all of your current frustrations will blow out of your hair with your Solstice's top stowed as you buzz down the first clear roads of spring. "Sunlight on chrome, every nerve aware."

·
Registered
179 Posts
Buddy Keep your headup first you still have an order an even more important everyday we hear of more cars available at different dealers. Keep your ears open and move fast Im sure you'll find one.
:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
20 Posts
In the Dark in Canada

Fourtyninth Sorry to hear that about your Sol being pushed back but don't worry your not the only one, i talked with my dealer yesturday and he told me the same thing. I told him that if any of his stock orders come in and he says he has 3 in transit i'm going to grab one...........2007 ya right so he s going give me a discount because the the car will be one model year older .......hmmmmm

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
xyz1 said:
Buddy Keep your headup first you still have an order an even more important everyday we hear of more cars available at different dealers. Keep your ears open and move fast Im sure you'll find one.
:cheers: :cheers:
One would think I will be able to walk into a dealership in January, when it is -40C with the wind chill outside and pick one up that somebody just backed out of.

Except I suspect that GM isn't going to ship any cars to Canada between the end of November and the beginning of March for that very reason.

We are only getting 1000 2006 MY Sols. That could mean 200 now and 800 in March/April.

Anything not currently preferenced isn't going to show up here in 2005.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Year round driving here. So maybe I can just go to the dealer on say ,,"Christmas day" and pick up a solstice, COOL!! Sorry you guys will be snow bound and without Sol.. LOL J/K
Sorry your order got pulled. Come to Phoenix to get out of the snow and buy a Solstice this winter. Just please go back home when your done. Too many people moving here.
And you way too serious guys, Give me a break. I like to bust chops sometimes . Lighten up.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dealer Still Doesn't Know

Got a call from my Salesman at the dealership. They are saying the car is still preferenced. Yet three other system checks have come back not preferenced, one of which was un-preferenced not being built this year. So :rolleyes:

I guess I'll be driving my alternative vehicle before I get an straight answer.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
Got a call from my Salesman at the dealership. They are saying the car is still preferenced. Yet three other system checks have come back not preferenced, one of which was un-preferenced not being built this year. So :rolleyes:

Don't give up yet. My car does not show up on any systems either because it was manually preferenced and the Dealership assures me that my car will be here this year, actually the only one coming to them.

There is always hope.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SLY2T_OTT said:
Don't give up yet. My car does not show up on any systems either because it was manually preferenced and the Dealership assures me that my car will be here this year, actually the only one coming to them.
So you ordered the Stealth model, should save on speeding tickets.

Well I was impressed with Turpin, they seem to know what they are talking about, my dealer on the other hand, not so much.

Well if it doesn't work out, I have a Solstice model in my office, Sly with two-tone, to remind me of your car. They don't come in Silver.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.