Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surfin' the net and I came across this site. It seems to be another forum on the Solstice. It seems to be just starting up.

http://www.solsticespeed.com

This forum is 100 times better!
Just thought I'd give everybody a heads up. :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
dylan01 said:
I was surfin' the net and I came across this site. It seems to be another forum on the Solstice. It seems to be just starting up.

http://www.solsticespeed.com

This forum is 100 times better!
Just thought I'd give everybody a heads up. :yesnod:
Well if you look at the tech info it has 170HP instead of 177HP, but another forum is not bad, I think

·
Registered
527 Posts
Well, at least it has a "performance" section where the gearheads can hang out without being called "whiners".

I won't switch camps, though. This place obviously has a much larger population.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
SkyCaptain said:
Well, at least it has a "performance" section where the gearheads can hang out without being called "whiners".

I won't switch camps, though. This place obviously has a much larger population.
I thought we discuss having a performance section, once the cars were in our hands and able to post things of interest about them.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Troy had said before he was planning on re-arranging things some once the car actually comes out.

·
Registered
180 Posts
there is also another webby called:

solsticeforums.com

their site seems to lack the technical knowledge that is found here. Seems the patrons are more akin to those on the sentra/honda civic/wrx sites, and those type of sites that are just clogged with... "tuners."

·
Registered
338 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Well if you look at the tech info it has 170HP instead of 177HP, but another forum is not bad, I think
there is another forum on edmunds. I actually found them first, but this one seemed a little more.....fun. ;)

They seem pretty slow, only 241 post total as of today.

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef08081!make=Pontiac&model=Solstice&ed_makeindex=.ef08081

·
Registered
67 Posts
they have a grand total of 12 members for 16 posts and the administrator doesn't even know if he wants to buy one. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Jus2shy said:
there is also another webby called:

solsticeforums.com

their site seems to lack the technical knowledge that is found here. Seems the patrons are more akin to those on the sentra/honda civic/wrx sites, and those type of sites that are just clogged with... "tuners."
I think they were actually out before this one and have expressed displeasure from time to time (when somebody shows up, yeah, yeah, I'll check in) at the apparent "stealing" of everybody away from their site by Troy. I choked when I read that. C&G plans a Kappa site but nothing has shown up yet.

I say more power to 'em. Let them go out and do like some of the sites with pages of pictures to wade through just in the signatures, spam and scam and outright hostility to each other and to people outside their age group. This site is real, it is pure as it can be. Rumors remain rumors here and don't become ipso facto. A kindler, gentler forum. That's us.

Now off with the gloves and lets go head to head. :lol:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Nothing wrong with a little competition. Not only might they introduce a more preferred way of doing things that could make other forums better, they may ultimately also cater to a different crowd than this site will cater to.

As for the plural forum... I have heard stories about them complaining. When I first started searching for a forum I found them first. I even posted over there a couple times. However, it was not a very active place. One post I never did get a response to, and it was the latest post for a few weeks.

Then by chance I stumbled across this forum... actually I was looking up Corvette info on www.corvetteforum.com and Troy had a link to this site. The rest is history. People here were participating, so I joined too! If the plural site wants to take off, they simply need more members and to get more discussion going. It could happen, and more power to them if they can do it.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
I found Troy's site while googling (I hate that word) for sol pic's. I joined and just watched for a long time, then jumped right in with both feet. I don't recall how I "discovered" the plural site but we've continued to have more action here. Every so often I would go over there as some others do and updtae them on what is going on in the world of kappa.

The "big" sites with divisions by marquee and model tend to get so many posts and with so many members an individual converstion gets lost in a hurry. If you are not online and i.m. your responses you can get days behind in the threads. Here is like "CHEERS", the show , where everyone knows your "name".

I am John and I am a Solstiholic.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Long time ago I actually found the plural site first. Never much going on over there so soon after I found this site off a Google search. Even back in the "old days" when we had like 100 members it was clear this one had better people and more conversation :)

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
2091351 said:
Wow, you sure keep busy with all those forums! I'll occasionally check out a number of them, but I only regularly visit a couple forums on a daily basis. This one, Pennock's Fiero forum, and for a short time, jeepsunlimited, just to see if there is anything new.

·
Registered
81 Posts
mceb said:
Long time ago I actually found the plural site first. Never much going on over there so soon after I found this site off a Google search. Even back in the "old days" when we had like 100 members it was clear this one had better people and more conversation :)
I found the plural site first as well, and I was fairly active over there since Sept. '03 or so... then I noticed the traffic drop off, and saw a post complaining about this "singular" forum, and found my way here.

-Stephen M

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
And one of those forums referred to us as "the official pontiac solstice site" with adirect link to one of our threads.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts