Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Solstice Club of America, southwestern area

i have been thinking of starting a solstice club in the Los Angeles, California area for a little while. i wonder if there are any people out there that would be interested in co founding it with me. i will bump this topic a few times to see if there is any interest.

·
4,592 Posts
I'm in, but I'll be the Resident MSM Troll until I get my Sosltice. Let's see if we can get some other members from So Cal.

Tednelson and I are in north los angeles, near the 126/5 interchange.

·
2,574 Posts
tednelson83 said:
i have been thinking of starting a solstice club in the Los Angeles, California area for a little while. i wonder if there are any people out there that would be interested in co founding it with me. i will bump this topic a few times to see if there is any interest.
If it costs what I think it will this winter to heat a house here in Rhode Island I might just come out and join. I could live in my trunk.

·
4,592 Posts
birdliver said:
If it costs what I think it will this winter to heat a house here in Rhode Island I might just come out and join. I could live in my trunk.
We use AC in the winter :lol:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RODEO said:
We use AC in the winter :lol:
:agree: we sure do. i expect to have the top down almost year round.
btw: this club would not be closed to non owners. if all you have is an interest in the car people will be free to attend meetings/events.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I might join even though I'm in northern CA. Of course if they create a Northern club or chapter of a national club I'll join those instead.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not a bad idea, any ideas on how we go about starting a national club?

·
5,600 Posts
AeroDave said:
I might join even though I'm in northern CA. Of course if they create a Northern club or chapter of a national club I'll join those instead.
We're going to have to have a NorCal club. I can't afford to drive down to the Santa Monica hills every other weekend. The Northern Chapter may be small, but it's going to have to be. Besides, there are plenty of great driving roads up here!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well lets launch a california or better yet a south western area large club with smaller regonal chapters, eventualy becoming a national afair.

Solstice Club of America
So. Cal chapter founder

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Let's Do it......

tednelson83 said:
well lets launch a california or better yet a south western area large club with smaller regonal chapters, eventualy becoming a national afair.

Solstice Club of America
So. Cal chapter founder
That's the way to do it. I'd volunteer to head the Inland Empire Division (San Bernardino & Riverside County)
:agree:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, will head the Los Angeles county chapter, and main southern California regional.

we need volunteers for the northern ca region and area specific chapters. Jimbo, AeroDave? also San Diego county and vicinity will need someone.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
We should try to arrange an informal get together some weekend once we have a few cars in our hands.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Inland Empire Chapter

I would be happy to co-found the Inaland Empire Chapter! :)

·
4,592 Posts
If you hate miatas, look away!

For some of you that don't mind looking at the MSM, here's a video of a So Cal MSM meet, substitute the roadster in your mind making it a Solstice, and imagine what fun we could have:

PLEASE right-click save as (50mb)

http://s92541411.onlinehome.us/movie/DanaPoint.wmv

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
just watched it, looks like a lot of fun. i would love to join you some day! thats the kind of cool stuff i want to do.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
informal meeting

AeroDave said:
We should try to arrange an informal get together some weekend once we have a few cars in our hands.
i agree with you. it would be good to have a meeting with all who are interested in co-founding this club, i will set up a yahoo group mailing list so that we can keep in touch. it would be nice to have 2 or 3 solstices there sense that is what this is about, and i think we need to meet in a somewhat central location. i would suggest San Simeon being that we had a large regional meet there last year. i can make the hotel arrangements.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
tednelson83 said:
i agree with you. it would be good to have a meeting with all who are interested in co-founding this club, i will set up a yahoo group mailing list so that we can keep in touch. it would be nice to have 2 or 3 solstices there sense that is what this is about, and i think we need to meet in a somewhat central location. i would suggest San Simeon being that we had a large regional meet there last year. i can make the hotel arrangements.
That's a great location! A drive up or down Hwy 1 to get there and there are great accomodations and Hearst Castle to check out. I love that area! Good idea! :thumbs: No matter which way you go to get there, there are twisties! :cool:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Inland Empire.......

SolLate said:
I would be happy to co-found the Inland Empire Chapter! :)
SolLate, would be happy to work with you on the Inland Empire Chapter (Co-leaders...) :yesnod:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts