Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good old #815 is now in Lordstown....so the dealer says. Was told earlier it would arrive this week. Well, somehow I don't think it's going to make it. I've read that so many of you had cars sitting there for quite a while, so mine will probably, too. Sly will then be sent to Portland, where it will probably sit for a couple of weeks as Oregon Solstice's did. I don't know, but that sure looks like it won't make it here by the end of October. So, nothing but rain, rain, rain and more rain. A convertible sure sounds fun to me now! (NOT!) :cuss: And, yes, just as soon as is possible, will move to a warmer climate - I want 70-80 daily, year-round! Suggestions?

I REALLY wanted this car, but after finding this out yesterday, somehow I just don't have that same feeling. My husband said that when we get it we could drive to the beach! It's only a couple hour drive, at most. Oh, yippee, in the rain, over the mountains, in the rain, to see even more rain. Boy, that sounds like fun! :yawn:

I've seen the Solstice in person, and drove one. Now I have to really decide what to do. I really like the car, but to sit in the garage until at least a few days of sunshine next March/April before the rain stops in June, is a dilemma! Yep, getting a first 1k car has certainly been SPECIAL. I might have it my now had I NOT gotten one of them. Sorry, I'm just discouraged today. So, those of you who have yours, was it REALLY worth the wait, and do I REALLY want this???? Rain and all??????

And, yes, those of you who are in my shoes will say no -- sell it to you at MSRP!! (or less) :lol: Got that one covered!!

On a bright note, I just want to thank all of you for the valuable information that I have learned from this site. I've been "learning" since last February, so when and IF I get this car, I know what to do and what not to do. Yes, I would have used Turtlewax on it!!!!!! :lol:

Thanks for listening all, I do appreciate it........signed, discouraged!

·
4,592 Posts
70-80s year round, well, for starters you're too farth north for that, so consider moving south. I'm near Los Angeles, the deserts are too hot, but the coastal regions form central to southern Calif are Mediteranian climates, very moderate and nice. From NV through CO, the desserts are too hot, but if you can find a high elevation (i.e. mountains) they have pectacular year round climates. Flagstaff is 6000 feet of elevation, great because you get seasons, but they remoderate all around. That's where I'm heading at first opportunity.

Good luck, hope the Sol works out for you...if it's meant to be :)

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
There is more to the Sol than just driving with the top down. It's a great fun car. Even while I am driving in the rain, I'm still in the sexiest, well styled american car to hit the market in many a year. The experience can be inside the car also, not just enjoying the outside environs. Hang in there, you will love YOUR car even more than the one you already drove.

·
Registered
210 Posts
It is worth the wait! We got ours Monday and was able to drive it Monday night and Tuesday - now rain....but we were expecting that. It did seem like there was a big load to the midwest over the weekend, coming in on Friday, Saturday and Sundayl....so I would say your wait is almost over..

PS: Now that we have ours - my husband is on nights for the next 2 months - this weekend he already had a commitment and next weekend as well......... so it looks like we won't get much driving out of it this fall - but come Spring....look out...

:grouphug: We are all here for ya!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Oregonian said:
Good old #815 is now in Lordstown....so the dealer says. Was told earlier it would arrive this week. Well, somehow I don't think it's going to make it. I've read that so many of you had cars sitting there for quite a while, so mine will probably, too. Sly will then be sent to Portland, where it will probably sit for a couple of weeks as Oregon Solstice's did. I don't know, but that sure looks like it won't make it here by the end of October. So, nothing but rain, rain, rain and more rain. A convertible sure sounds fun to me now! (NOT!) :cuss: And, yes, just as soon as is possible, will move to a warmer climate - I want 70-80 daily, year-round! Suggestions?

I REALLY wanted this car, but after finding this out yesterday, somehow I just don't have that same feeling. My husband said that when we get it we could drive to the beach! It's only a couple hour drive, at most. Oh, yippee, in the rain, over the mountains, in the rain, to see even more rain. Boy, that sounds like fun! :yawn:

I've seen the Solstice in person, and drove one. Now I have to really decide what to do. I really like the car, but to sit in the garage until at least a few days of sunshine next March/April before the rain stops in June, is a dilemma! Yep, getting a first 1k car has certainly been SPECIAL. I might have it my now had I NOT gotten one of them. Sorry, I'm just discouraged today. So, those of you who have yours, was it REALLY worth the wait, and do I REALLY want this???? Rain and all??????

And, yes, those of you who are in my shoes will say no -- sell it to you at MSRP!! (or less) :lol: Got that one covered!!

On a bright note, I just want to thank all of you for the valuable information that I have learned from this site. I've been "learning" since last February, so when and IF I get this car, I know what to do and what not to do. Yes, I would have used Turtlewax on it!!!!!! :lol:

Thanks for listening all, I do appreciate it........signed, discouraged!
Don't be so down, when you drive it the first time I am sure that you won't care if it is raining or not, a smile will come over your face and everything will look brighter...
I sure would move if the weather here was like you described, Thank God It isn't though...

·
Registered
414 Posts
You will love it!!

Hey Oregonian, oregon solstice here! When we were promised our car every day for weeks it was tough to not get disappointed. And of course the day our car arrived at the dealership in Oregon we set a record for rain that day!! :) But the car looks awesome with the top up and is a blast to drive. Of course we have to wash it everyday. So very soon you will not have to hear what amounts to finger nails on a chalkboard ................................"have you got your car yet?" Hang in there :grouphug:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Red Tag

I think it's some kind of Joke, but if your dealer hasn't Red Tagged your car, ask them to do so
They can do this once it's been shipped
It may stop it from sitting somewhere for a week

As for being discouraged
Sit back and close your eyes and dream of driving this car
There can't be many thoughts happier than that
Just thinking about it should bring a smile to your face :)
A few minutes of this each day will hold you till the real thing arrives
It's definately worth the wait
:grouphug:

Is there some rule about top down driving in the rain?

·
Registered
936 Posts
I would advise you to wait it out you have waited this long. I do think it is unexcueable of GM to have dropped the ball on the first 1K cars. At this point they should expedite those cars and be in contact with the owners to reassure them since time is running out for delivery by program end. I don't understand why they don't feel a little good will is in order.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Everyone here makes such a big deal about driving with the top down. It is fun, but I gotta say, I love driving the Solstice with the top up! It is a very intimate cocooney feeling. So if you got snow and ice I can see being discouraged by the seasonal weather, but rain? You'll still have lots of fun and enjoy the ride. It can't rain all the time and you'll get the top down eventually. Trust me, top up, the car's still a blast! Hang in there, you won't be dissapointed! :thumbs: :cheers:

·
Registered
676 Posts
ok---cold weather I could drive in top down or up---but not in the snow. Hopefully we have another month or so before that hits!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to each and everyone of you....

I read your replies, and they helped tremendously. I was just thinking about driving around in the sunshine with the top down! You're all right...it has a top! :) Whats a little rain, right Oregon Sosltice? Actually it hasn't been too bad since you took delivery of yours -- an omen, perhaps?

I took all of your comments to heart and it won't hurt me to wait for a few more weeks. Guess I'm just jealous of everyone who has one.

Thanks for the suggestions, also. Will call dealer today about red tagging it and see what he says.

Well, maybe I exaggerated on the rain a teensy bit, but not much!

Again, thank you. I'll quit feeling sorry for myself and just keep the excitement up for little Sly's delivery! So far, he has been sly! :lol:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Well, I have had my Sly one for 1 week now. I was very lucky here in Pa to have sunny and 80 degrees for a couple days this week. It is nice again this afternoon and I hope to get a drive in tonight.

But the cold weather is coming and top up vs. down I must say down is much better.

By this weekend it will only be a high in the 60's. Then next week I go away for 10 days salmon fishing and the car will sit at home. By the time I get back it is almost Nov. so the top will stay up from that point on until late march
early april next year, unless I really get lucky.

But there are always those lucky days in the late fall here.

So focus on the lucky days, you will get some I am sure!!!!!!!! :cool:

Every time I look at the car in my garage it makes me happy!!!! :)

I have seen the blue and black cars and the Sly in my opinion is the nicest
color. It looks clean even when a little dirty unlike the dark colors.
it also seems to me the two tone interior was chosen to match the Sly color.

Keep up the faith, it took about one month exactly from off the line to me sitting in it.

it will be worth the wait and you will love this car. :agree:

Later!

·
Registered
106 Posts
O, WAIT!!!!

My family and friends have bugged me about being a "CULT" member
because of this forum and the waiting that I went through.
The fact I also ordered a Sky made it even more diffiCULT for them to understand.

I got my Sol two weeks ago and now they are flipping out and asking
for my keys while asking when the other one is going to be here.

YOU CAN NOT IMAGINE THE THRILL OF OWNING THIS CAR AND GIVING UP
WOULD BE AMONG THE MOST REGRETTABLE DECISIONS YOU WOULD
EVER MAKE.

I am sure that my fellow Cult members who already have their cars
will agree.

By turning the vents and setting the heat on hi/lo you can drive the
car in cold weather with the top down and it is quite comfortable.

GOOD LUCK!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts