Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found yet another new dent on my Solstice. Back right quarter panel just below the taillight. How the heck does that happen? Someone seriously had to have been in a tall truck to get me with a door from that height. It's ridiculous. I love taking my car to shows, but I'm OCD enough to be conscious that my car needs to meet a standard.

I've debated a long time whether to just give up and turn it into a streetable race car. That way the dents don't matter. But part of me wants to be able to enjoy the Solstice as a comfortable cruiser. Like a GT car or something...

So what to do... any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
7,541 Posts
I think there is a very wide range between show quality and "dents don't matter". I agree that you should drive the car and enjoy it. Take reasonable care of it, and don't obsess about minor stuff.

In general you can show a car, or you can enjoy it. From your post it sounds like you would rather enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I have my paint-less dent removal guy's cell phone number: Not a single visible door ding in my car after 55,000 miles.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I have my paint-less dent removal guy's cell phone number: Not a single visible door ding in my car after 55,000 miles.
:agree: Although mine has just shy of 30,000 miles I have the paintless dent removal guy's number close by.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OSU - I feel your pain, but also had to come to the same conclusion. We bought ours last fall for me to use as a daily driver, and each time I wash it, I swear there's a new dent or a new chip. She's still gorgeous, still turns heads ... we'll get all the little stuff taken care of one of these days, I guess.

Enjoy the ride! :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
I park away from these idiots! After I bought the car, someone slightly dinged my rear quarter panel. Lots of pickups here and from the height, I'd say it was one that did it.

·
Super Moderator
7,541 Posts
rob the elder : ..... Most car shows will judge a daily driver fairly.
True, but the key comment to me was:
OSUCherokee : ..... I'm OCD enough to be conscious that my car needs to meet a standard. .....
If you are going to be stressed about something it is best not to do it, even if allowances will be made by others for it.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I almost think a paint job that doesn't show the dents as much might be in order. Mysterious black leaves no mysteries as to how many times an idiot has rammed his door into you. :D

I've been debating, but I am thinking about doing a vinyl wrap of a bright blue, similar to the 2010+ Mustang color. I think it looks pretty stellar and with a single offset black racing stripe, would look pretty awesome.

·
Super Moderator
7,541 Posts
The best camouflage color, for dents and dirt, is silver.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts