Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out that the shop/garage space I have been renting for almost 20 years is being sold as part of a messy divorce. Just spoke to my landlord. His other half is making all arrangements via her lawyer, he can't even speak to her. She is trying to fast track sale of the large property my storage is on, and her lawyer is pulling out all the stops.

Along with a fair bit of parts and tools, I have been storing my 1970 Buick Skylark Custom convertible there. For Buicks of this era, "Custom" was part of the car's actual model name. I have owned this car since 1989.

I turned it into a GS455 clone in 1991. Some people will tell you that no GS455 convertibles were made. They don't know what they are talking about, and it's not a legit one by VIN anyhow. It has a 1974 Buick 455 (large oil galleys) block bored .030" over. TA performance cam 1:6 roller rockers with TA performance tall valve covers. TA performance Aluminum Stage 1 heads with head studs. Large primary tubular headers to 3" collectors. TA performance timing cover with adjustable oil pump. The TH350 was custom built to handle the torque; it lost that battle. It has a Chevy 12 bolt 3.31:1 rear. It needs the rear quarters replaced, some rocker panel work, cowl work etc. It is no longer a driver but it was for many years. I have full factory rear quarters that are pretty darned good. I don't mean skins. I mean I cut a 1971 Skylark convertible in half and then cut each quarter off, to about 4" past the trunk edge and 4" ahead of the door jamb. All internal structure intact. I also have good 'small finger gap' front fenders (70 to 72 Buick A body guys will know what that means) for it as well. Misc things like a few carbs including at least one 795cfm Q-jet, and another intake manifold. Car current has an Edelbrock aluminum dual plane intake with an electric choke. The spare manifold is also Edelbrock aluminum and is set up for the Q-jet with the thermostatic choke.The car has all the GS455 cues, ram air hood and hood inserts and grilles, ram air aircleaner, all badging. Probably have a few bumpers laying around that were core candidates. I have an original owners manual, all factory manuals included illustrated parts manuals, chasiss manuals for all 1970 Buicks, Fisher body manual, and assembly manual. I also have a chip book page from a vintage chip book showing factory color chips are required primer colors, a Gran Sport/GS TSB book, and maybe other document type things things too. Those books/manuals would be going with the car or sold if the car's new owner doesn't want them.

I never intended to sell it this way but after my stroke, I had to re-prioritize that plan. The car can't be driven currently. I think the trans is shot. Hasn't moved in about eight years except to be pushed about 5 years ago. It would need to be sold as a project or as a parts car. I cannot part it out, I have to either sell it whole or move it whole, I don't have the time to sell it as individual parts.

Car is in central MA. If you know of any Buick guys that may be interested, please let me know.

Reactions: Mikey5844

·
Registered
163 Posts
I just found out that the shop/garage space I have been renting for almost 20 years is being sold as part of a messy divorce. Just spoke to my landlord. His other half is making all arrangements via her lawyer, he can't even speak to her. She is trying to fast track sale of the large property my storage is on, and her lawyer is pulling out all the stops.

Along with a fair bit of parts and tools, I have been storing my 1970 Buick Skylark Custom convertible there. For Buicks of this era, "Custom" was part of the car's actual model name. I have owned this car since 1989.

I turned it into a GS455 clone in 1991. Some people will tell you that no GS455 convertibles were made. They don't know what they are talking about, and it's not a legit one by VIN anyhow. It has a 1974 Buick 455 (large oil galleys) block bored .030" over. TA performance cam 1:6 roller rockers with TA performance tall valve covers. TA performance Aluminum Stage 1 heads with head studs. Large primary tubular headers to 3" collectors. TA performance timing cover with adjustable oil pump. The TH350 was custom built to handle the torque; it lost that battle. It has a Chevy 12 bolt 3.31:1 rear. It needs the rear quarters replaced, some rocker panel work, cowl work etc. It is no longer a driver but it was for many years. I have full factory rear quarters that are pretty darned good. I don't mean skins. I mean I cut a 1971 Skylark convertible in half and then cut each quarter off, to about 4" past the trunk edge and 4" ahead of the door jamb. All internal structure intact. I also have good 'small finger gap' front fenders (70 to 72 Buick A body guys will know what that means) for it as well. Misc things like a few carbs including at least one 795cfm Q-jet, and another intake manifold. Car current has an Edelbrock aluminum dual plane intake with an electric choke. The spare manifold is also Edelbrock aluminum and is set up for the Q-jet with the thermostatic choke.The car has all the GS455 cues, ram air hood and hood inserts and grilles, ram air aircleaner, all badging. Probably have a few bumpers laying around that were core candidates. I have an original owners manual, all factory manuals included illustrated parts manuals, chasiss manuals for all 1970 Buicks, Fisher body manual, and assembly manual. I also have a chip book page from a vintage chip book showing factory color chips are required primer colors, a Gran Sport/GS TSB book, and maybe other document type things things too. Those books/manuals would be going with the car or sold if the car's new owner doesn't want them.

I never intended to sell it this way but after my stroke, I had to re-prioritize that plan. The car can't be driven currently. I think the trans is shot. Hasn't moved in about eight years except to be pushed about 5 years ago. It would need to be sold as a project or as a parts car. I cannot part it out, I have to either sell it whole or move it whole, I don't have the time to sell it as individual parts.

Car is in central MA. If you know of any Buick guys that may be interested, please let me know.
Wish I could help Chris but my old Boston contacts are either passed on , retired or moved away. Did you think of contacting F40 Motorsports in Portland, CT. They buy, sell and restore cars and have been around for a lifetime.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Wish I could help Chris but my old Boston contacts are either passed on , retired or moved away. Did you think of contacting F40 Motorsports in Portland, CT. They buy, sell and restore cars and have been around for a lifetime.
Chris: Wayne Carini, the long time owner of F40 is still around but he has an "heir" named Mike. I have talked to both of them when I was looking to buy a fully restored 62 Vette and they replied within a day. You may have seen his tv show which is still on. Hope this helps my friend.
F40 Motorsports
464 Portland-Cobalt Rd.
Route 66
Portland, CT 06480
(860) 342-5705

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mike

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
sorry Chris to hear this. try posting on FB I know there is several buick groups there from when I had my GS

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I'm still a member at v8Buick. Need to remember my password lol

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like my best bet for right now is moving my storage to another location ASAP. Keep your eyes open for me fellas

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking at place five miles way tomorrow. Might work out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts