Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from my dealer and was finally able to get a little more info out of him. Good news is he says his first allocation order has been picked up and they have been told it will be delivered late this year. Bad news is he only had an allocation of "one". I was the fifth order he took on 4/16 and he still has all five orders. This was all just revealed to me today.

So even though I ordered on 4/16, does this mean my order will be far behind anyone that may have ordered several months later from a different dealer with first allocation orders still open?

Maybe someone can give some help here, but based on this info I'm not sure what options I have now or even where I am in the order pool. :willy:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Hum, 1 allocated car and you are 5th in his line? If that's the case yes, others with orders placed later than yours but at bigger dealerships will get theirs before you.

I'd be worried if this dealer's allocation is 1 car per 4 month cycle you won't get a car until this time next year! You'd be his 5th car in his 5th allocation (1 per cycle).

You might want to check around other bigger dealers but at this point most dealers have a good backlog. If a bigger dealer got 5 cars and had 14 people in front of you, you'd get the car at end of 3rd allocation (6-8 months before the smaller dealer).

Other thing is the people in front of you might drop out. That would move you up.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mceb said:
I'd be worried if this dealer's allocation is 1 car per 4 month cycle you won't get a car until this time next year! You'd be his 5th car in his 5th allocation (1 per cycle).
I was afraid that was going to be the answer. Guess I'll start hitting the dealer locator and the phones. Talk about a downer to your weekend! :(

·
Registered
1,213 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fortyninenorth said:
How do you feel about Jacksonville FL link about two first allocation cars in Jax
Thanks for the reminder. I did see this post yesterday and it was kind of the reason I checked today. However, I think I'm going to try a few of the smaller dealers a little closer to home first, and if nothing works there I may try soliciting some help from all you fine folks on this forum to see if there are any first allocations left out there. :)

I've had the bug for this car for quite some time now, and couldn't wait until they started taking orders for it only to find out that I'm way, way , way down the list now. :willy:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
last to get 2006, or first to get 2007 w Turbo?? hmmm

Just saw a new post from Cooler King, and got me thinking. If I'm this far down my dealers list, maybe I should approach him with trying to get in on the first turbos as well. He already has my deposit, so might as well look into this option. Only problem is it sure is a long time to wait.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
You can PM me your info if you like, but I've already given out the info to two people. Who knows though, maybe if you want it and you call on monday perhaps one of the other two was slacking off and you called before him... it could happen, I don't want to start any fights over who got to the last 2 first though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts