1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
822 :(

·
Registered
233 Posts
Vin #131 still lost. Made its way to the state of Alabama in August, and then recalled to the black hole in Delaware. DBC told my dealer that they didn't know where my Sol was.....Yeah right. :(

·
Registered
179 Posts
mssleepr said:
Vin #131 still lost. Made its way to the state of Alabama in August, and then recalled to the black hole in Delaware. DBC told my dealer that they didn't know where my Sol was.....Yeah right. :(
I sure hope you are making sure they follow up w DBC- have you asked caddilacricket lately or lac of respect? I wish I could help! I've become a lost sol too (supposedly in Nashville).

·
Registered
676 Posts
mssleepr sorry to say that we are not in the same boat anymore. Beautiful #672 was delivered today at the dealer and guess who was working on a job there when the carrier pulled up???? What kind of luck is that? The transit company had told us earlier in the morning that it was in Janesville but wouldn't be delivered until Monday so it was quite a surprise. How can they not know where yours is at? Have yu tried the customer service number lately?

·
Registered
157 Posts
#25 still nowhere to be found...probably sitting next to #131 in the Bermuda Triangle.

Will I EVER get my car??? :willy:

·
Registered
670 Posts
#637 has been shipped 3 times! If only they would ship it to Sarasota Florida. We heard that it made it to Tampa, and then was sent to Ohio. Apparantly it was shipped again on October 3rd. I still don't understand why UPS can tell you when a package that weighs 4 ounces crosses the international date line and GM can't tell you where a car is that shipped over a month ago!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm crying with you guys. I got mine (#890) yesterday. Previous to that I was bemoaning my waiting for the train from Lordstown, while those in the 1000+ range were starting to get theirs! But for those of you far earlier in the build process I'm sure it's been especially painful. Wow, to have a first 100 or 200 car, to hear it's been built so long ago, and still be waiting, I can't imagine. And I'm sorry for you.

I'll say 2 things:

1) It's worth the wait. I believe you too will feel that all's well that ends well.

2) I have already offered to specific forum members a ride & drive with my car if they're close by. And I extend the offer to any of you who are in or near the Twin Cities (MN) area, give me a holler and we'll see if we can arrange a visit. I urge other forum members will do the same: find out who in your area is still waiting and offer to pay a visit with your new Sol. I don't know, maybe it will do more harm than good, but so far in this proces any news, or picture, and certainly for some of us a visit to one of those ride & drive events, have helped greatly.

Good luck as you await and finally recieve your Solstice.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I think No. 25 and 131 seem to be the oldest vins not yet delivered. Lets hope their not the last. Come on GM find these cars!

·
Registered
145 Posts
brian carpenter said:
#637 has been shipped 3 times! If only they would ship it to Sarasota Florida. We heard that it made it to Tampa, and then was sent to Ohio. Apparantly it was shipped again on October 3rd. I still don't understand why UPS can tell you when a package that weighs 4 ounces crosses the international date line and GM can't tell you where a car is that shipped over a month ago!
UPS uses one shipper... themselves. And everytime it gets touched by a UPS worker it gets scanned (ie gets unload in the warehouse... gets scanned, removed from the warehouse... gets scanned again. Gets put on truck... gets scanned again) The auto companies use disparate modes of transportation, rail, trucks, and ships and from different companies. All these companies have their own tracking systems. I don't think the auto companies have a user friendly program to meld all these tracking numbers together. And quite frankly they don't need it. Only us whackjobs need to know where our cars are at any moment. Most folks don't care and buy their car straight off the dealers' lot. If a dealer doesn't have what they want, they just go to the next dealer down the road. Cars are rarely made to order for a specific customer.

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
Sol2 said:
UPS uses one shipper... themselves. And everytime it gets touched by a UPS worker it gets scanned (ie gets unload in the warehouse... gets scanned, removed from the warehouse... gets scanned again. Gets put on truck... gets scanned again) The auto companies use disparate modes of transportation, rail, trucks, and ships and from different companies. All these companies have their own tracking systems. I don't think the auto companies have a user friendly program to meld all these tracking numbers together. And quite frankly they don't need it. Only us whackjobs need to know where our cars are at any moment. Most folks don't care and buy their car straight off the dealers' lot. If a dealer doesn't have what they want, they just go to the next dealer down the road. Cars are rarely made to order for a specific customer.
Wal-mart uses many shippers and can still tell you where a box of a certain product is along the supply chain. That is why they have so little inventory in the back of the stores.

The bottom-line from Wal-mart has been, "if you want to do business with us, you will do it this way, if not there is somebody else who will."

A system like that would allow me to walk into the dealership and order my car with the options that I want and then the next one that rolls off the line to meet those specs is shipped to my dealer if nobody ahead of me wanted those specs. This type of system, allowing special orders to be sequenced as accepted, would truely be first come - first served and not the allocation system that is currently in place. Also it would prioritize orders sold to individuals over dealer stock orders...assuming the dealers put the orders in correctly.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Anything in common?

I was wondering if the Lost Sols had anything in common. Mine (#244) is deep, two-tone leather interior, all options (including XM) except OnStar (which was not available). How about everyone else, is there a common thread?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts