Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
My guess would be that the third Kappa is really the Saturn Sky rebadged as an Opel/Vauxhaul and not really a true third car.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just pulled this from another article...left-hand drive in the UK? :eek

Your next company car?

THE new Saturn Sky roadster is all set to become the next General Motors car to reach the UK.

When it gets here it will be badged as a Vauxhall, but will be available only in left-hand drive form, according to GM vice-president of global design Bob Lutz.

The car first appeared wearing a Vauxhall badge – a prototype VX Lightning was shown in Detroit last year.

Created to spice up the dowdy image of GM’s Saturn brand, the two-seater is based on the Pontiac Solstice from UK designer Simon Cox.

With near 50-50 weight balance, the rear-drive Sky will have a 2.4-litre Ecotec engine and five-speed manual transmission.

Due to arrive early next year, the car is likely to be priced at under £20,000. This high-value fun car should be another boost for Vauxhall.
Link:
Article Link

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Isn't the Vette available in the UK?

Besides, left hand drive is the correct drive. Those brits were the ones who decided to drive on the wrong side but not dominate the world automotive market... (JUST KIDDING!!!! You brits out there just calm down, I'm only joking - I am well aware that Britain is the birthplace of the roadster...) :lol

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
solsticeman said:
Isn't the Vette available in the UK?

Besides, left hand drive is the correct drive. Those brits were the ones who decided to drive on the wrong side but not dominate the world automotive market... (JUST KIDDING!!!! You brits out there just calm down, I'm only joking - I am well aware that Britain is the birthplace of the roadster...) :lol
Hey, they got their "backward" driving over to Australia! Were probably lucky they are not backwards in a neighboring nation of ours that was heavily influenced by the UK too! (Canada!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts