Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I designed a bracket to move license plate to the side and looks much better than stock. (and it's legal) I had (2) $200.00 tickets issued by NH. State Police without it but hated the stock design. (Visible in my profile picture) I had to appear in court with plate "permenantly affixed" to vehicle to have the 2nd ticket filed.

This plate mounting bracket assembly installs easily without drilling any holes in car. I designed it to mount under the car to the frame with low profile brackets made from all 6061 Aircraft Aluminum. The Main support is only 3/8" thick and doesn't effect ground clearance. Bracket is directed between other parts of car, just below facia, which would hit the ground before this bracket would. It installs with all stainless steel fasteners and can be installed or removed easily . It's very strong and isn't just some flimsy bracket. It tucks the plate against the facia, (thin rubber isolator material protects the finish) is aerodynamic and makes the plate look smaller since it is angled/raked forward slightly to match bumper profile. It also doesn't block any intercooler/radiator cooling. It does ONLY fit the GXP model....I have not tried on the regular solstice bumper/facia but I think the angles are slightly different. (Willing to test on one and re-engineer alternative main support part)

I have attached the EBAY link to the item listing. I'm usually an EBAY buyer, not seller....but it gives me an easy way to collect payment and post photo's of it. EBAY and PAYPAL do add to the cost to sell them, so it did drive the cost up a little. I'm selling them for $99.95 with $20.00 for shipping and handling.

I only had (50) sets of the parts made, which with fasteners, packaging, EBAY listing fee, EBAY 7-1/2%, PAYPAL fee, packaging and everything cost me almost that, never mind my time to prototype and design. (Don't forget $25.00 for "Supporting Member" status to even be be allowed to mention it in this forum!) It's parts are all made in USA by a local machine shop. ( I do have PATENT Pending, which I submitted so it wouldn't just get copied and made somewhere else)

If there is more demand and I could fabricate in larger batches, and then I could probably reduce the price. So far this is the best I can do. I'll refund money if you don't like it. ( I can't afford to refund shipping though, Sorry)

I'm not a business, just a Solstice owner & engineer who got ticketed a couple times and needed a better alternative to the ugly "stock Pontiac" front plate holder. I thought others in similar situation with the law might appreciate it so I had more made. I will help install for local members if interested or just want to take a look at it.

So far it has been well received. I know many hate a front plate altogether, just as I did, but for me the tickets made it a necessity to do something.

Hope it can help make your car look better too!

eBay Motors: Pontiac Solstice GXP Front License Plate Mount (item 150281205775 end time Aug-16-08 06:31:22 PDT)

eBay Motors: Pontiac Solstice GXP Front License Plate Mount (item 150281205775 end time Aug-16-08 06:31:22 PDT)

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Welcome to the forums man! :dthumbs: The $25 makes ya' legit. I hope you make out well with the plate frame and if I ever get busted for not having a front plate I might consider it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts